A Lil advice to the new guys!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by KrayzKajun, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RWI

RWI Banned
    from GA

here is my little girl(she has to get in every photo)... notice my license plate.

lexus.JPG

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

PM me your website and I will take a look. Or just start a pic thread of your operation. If its for real I will apologize. If not its BS.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

We only do commercial. I only like big jobs, whether it be maintenance or construction.
    So you have 35 employees? Give or take
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. RWI

RWI Banned
    from GA

honestly no. I did 1.1 mil with 12 employees. And honestly I don't really want to be too big. I want to design everything, manage everything(to a point), manage installation(my guys use a tape measure to make sure every plant is perfectly symmetrical)... one of my mentors said it perfectly... don't be a big dumb company... and I have always wanted to be big... but now I just want to do it right and I want to do it my way.

5. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

I still do many estimates based on google earth images for lawn mowing and lawn treatment estimates. Haven't had an issue with it. I got a line in the agreement that states if the lawn is overgrown then the price for the first cut could be more, or i could refuse the job if its real bad. I feel like most are less than impressed that i didn't bother to drive out to the property to look at it in person, so maybee i'm "lazy" but i am tired of entertaining the price shoppers, tire kickers and people who want to walk the lawn with me for 20 to 30 minutes with no intention of hiring me. gas is to expensive and i rather be out making money not giving free advice.

6. RWI

RWI Banned
    from GA

No thanks. I am not trying to impress you, just help you. PM me if you give a pluck about your craft. And hell I might even learn something from you

7. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

Enough of the pissing match already. We all know it takes all kinds in business.
    Me personally , I wouldn't waste my money on a Lexus, but that's me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. RWI

RWI Banned
    from GA

Actually I kind of agree with you, I don't believe in investing in depreciating assets. Me and the wife have driven crappy cars all our lives... and my wife is awesome so I wanted to buy her something nice... plus I wanted a purpose built off road SUV. Google Toyota Land Cruiser... same thing as Lexus LX570... freaking badass offroad vehicle. My good friend owns a GMC dealership... and their were only 3 used land cruisers/lx570 in the nation, the only one with low miles happened to be a Lexus.

9. RWI

RWI Banned
    from GA

10. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Four pages to finally read some wisdom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.