A Lil advice to the new guys!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by KrayzKajun, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Maybe its Sydney?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Where in NH are ya located? Im out of Amherst

3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

New Boston, we service Amherst, Bedford and New Boston. Small world!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. RWI

RWI Banned
    from GA

Yeah i will see what i can do.

5. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

what is your breakdown percentage wise of your work?

hardscape %
    landscape %
    mowing %

etc..... Just for giggles... I know the big guys around here make the money in hardscapes and designs. There are 3 "big" (15+ guys) in about a 40 mile radius and they are professionals at what they do, and they only do hardscaping and landscaping. What's your breakdown?

6. RWI

RWI Banned
    from GA

this is just off the top of my head but 40% maintenance, 10% irrigation repair, 3% lighting, landscaping 40%, hardscaping 7%. I really like lawn maintenance because people just want to make one phone call... that means we get the irrigation repair, lighting, landscape renovation etc.

This is who I want to be like in 5 years.

http://alexsmithgardendesign.com/

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  7. twomancrew

twomancrew LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone with a mower trying this LCO stuff out realizes at some point how incredibly hard working and intelligent a large business owner is. But not physical work, no no. Also the realization that a mil$ is a lot of $20 grandmothers needing a cut. Business owners don't give a crap if we are mowing lawns or selling tuperware. Business owners are all in the same business of making money. I am not smart enough for that type of business, I realize this, so I have to do physical work. I don't consider what I do to be business ownership, I tell people "I mow grass for a living" because it's what I do.

This guy is completely full of it. You all have a keen sense of smell! I don't need to read anymore from him to see this. Doesn't have a clue, like me. Difference is I don't want to be someone I am not. I am proud of myself, keep it real.:usflag:

8. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

You missed the wisdom I spoke of. I bet Mr Goodwill Shoes would of understood.

9. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Read a book called " the millionaire next door" You may be surprised at the frugal ways of many folks with money.

10. RWI

RWI Banned
    from GA

I already have read that book and the second one that came out and I am big fan of Dave Ramsey. Most millionaire's drive F150s and live in houses less than 400k. They have no debt. Kind of sounds like me. I drive a 2010 Toyota Tacoma I bought with 20k miles for 12k. My wife drives a used Lexus LX570. I paid 50k cash for it. She will drive it till 300k and then we will import it to Europe through my car dealer friend. They bring good money in Europe bc they avoid taxes if they have a certain amount of mileage... plus the landcruiser is an incredibly cool SUV. I have bought an sold 94-97 land rover defenders in the past, so I have a certain respect for purpose built SUVS. All my **** is paid for. Money in the bank. I have paid half my house off, but struggle with paying it off completely when I have a 3.75% loan... Dave Ramsey wouldn't agree with me... but at times I need to float 300k jobs and my other business needs a lot of capital to buy and sell heavy equipment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.