a list please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Dec 1, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

can someone give a list of services, that issue credit, for 30 days or more, without some kind of written agreement

2. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

BOBBY WEASEL--you are asking about a list? would it be like your list of customers?

GEO

3. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

Bobby,

Can you be more exact? Are you looking for financing or are you looking for services that we provide and carry the balance?

4. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I gather he is relating this to lawn services that don't go after customers when they are more than 30 days late on payments.

5. bobbygedd

from NJ

most lawn companies provide service, for thier clients, on a credit basis, with no type of written agreement. not including utility companies (for obvious reasons), name other service businesses that extend credit, for long periods of time (30+ days) without an agreement in writing

6. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

The mafia does not use contracts. :D

7. naturescaretaker

Bobby,

Interesting question. By nature of our business we do tend to open ourselfs up for potential losses. I have been thinking a lot about this simply due to what we are going to be writing off this year as bad debt. I am thinking of coming up with a simple one page agreement that will explain the billing terms and give us a leg to stand on in the event we do end up in small claims court.

As for other businesses:

Some HVAC companies
    Most pest control Companies bill monthly

That is about all that comes to mind right now. Can you add anything to it?

Brian

8. bobbygedd

from NJ

well, pest control companies must, by law, have a written service agreement. other than that, no, i can't. i mean, you have like pseg (public service, electric, gas), and the cable company. the difference between these 2 services and ours, is simple. if they turn off your electricity, YOU WILL pay the bill. it's a NECCESITY, and you can't get it anywhere else, they are the only game in town. same with cable t.v

9. cward

cward LawnSite Member

Bobby,
    I can tell you of one business that used to, MINE. Not next year though.

10. naturescaretaker

Here in the deep South most of the small pest control people will give you a form that states what they are going to do. However it does not cover billing and payment terms. Only the national providers include that.