1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

A little cruel........

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, Dec 21, 2007.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

And maybe a bit sadistic, but this is the Email Christmas card pic I sent to all 3 sales reps at my local Bobcat dealership:

[​IMG]

2. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

That Takes Balls Ron!!!! I Wouldnt Do That You Better Hope You Dont Go Back To Bobcat Lol. Hey Turn That Machine Around On The Trailer You Dont Wanna Go Over 50mph The Trailer Will Sway

3. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

i carry my skid like that at 65-70 mph for years though I pull a little further forward.

4. YellowDogSVC

YellowDogSVC LawnSite Gold Member
    from TX

that's some funny stuff. IF they weren't taking care of you, they deserve it.

5. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

That's awesome. Like your style.

6. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah I Always Turn My Machines Around When There On The Trailers. I Guess Everyone Has There Own Way Of Doing It.

7. bobcat_ron

I have been loading my T190 on that trailer for years now, that's actually a Dyson 60/40 tilt deck, and a heavy one at best, so there is a lot of weight on the front already, reasons I load it on forwards are:

1) I can see exactly where I am driving up/down before the deck tilts

2) I am one of those "turbo damage due to excessive wind" freaks, so I always keep the exhaust pointed away from the wind.

3) The tie downs are better and easier to get to with the machine forwards, has a lot to do with the wheel fenders and the tie down rails.

4) There is already 1 bucket on the truck deck (a high capacity 74" bucket about 400 lbs in weight) which gives me a better weight spread on all axles.

5) The best reason of all; My business name is on the back of the engine cover, tailgaters have something to read and a phone number to call if they get bored!!

8. SiteSolutions

SiteSolutions LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually face backward. Can you really tear up your turbo from ramming air up your tail pipe?

I think I would need a trailer that's 2 ft longer to load facing front and get good balance.

It would be nice to have that big banner across the back door on display for the world to read instead of me looking at it in my rear view mirror.

9. bobcat_ron

I've heard of a few stories from companies that do heavy equipment hauling especially the bigger pipes off CAT 345's and up, so I tend to be a little more careful.

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

You could only mess up the turbo IF all of the exhaust valves line up perfectly to allow air flow. Possibe? Yes. Probable? Highly unlikely. That's what I've been told anyway, turbo can't spin because the air has nowhere to go.