A Little Help in Price

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by coxlandscaping, Aug 3, 2006.

1. coxlandscaping

coxlandscaping LawnSite Member

I have a lady that is driving me crazy wanting a price on irrigation I have installed and designed them before but in my area of East Tennessee we don't do that much work in Irrigation my trouble is I designed it and gave the drawing to my local jdl with the hope that he could give me some kind of current price on material pretty quick which he had time until this lady called today moving the meeting with her to tomorrow instead of next Friday so may be you all can help out with this is what I gave the jdl guy
    Taping into 3/4 Copper with 45 Psi at 8.5 GPM 5/8 Meter Size
    7-I20s
    35-Pro Sprays
    7-Side Strip
    PGV Jar-Top Valves
    Wilkins 975XL Back Flow/or Recommended
    Mini Clik Rain Sensor/or Recommended
    Plus wire etc.
    I Figured about 7 Zones

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

No timer?

:laugh:

Call your distributor, your rep should be able to give you prices on all the parts you list.

And besides, tell the lady to wait, or get someone else.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Half an acre - four grand.

4. Without A Drought

Without A Drought LawnSite Bronze Member

at least 4K

5. Wet_Boots

(Yeah, but it's a bit removed from suburbia, so an adjustment is in order)

6. coxlandscaping

I did have guy today that does this line of work a little more than me he gave me this figure $85.00 a head x 49 heads which is $4,165.00 does that sound right I also looked at zone price of $825.00 x 7 zones = $5,775.00

7. Without A Drought

my adjusted estimate 6500. let him nickel and dime you down to 5. he gets something, andyou make some money.

where i'm i'm at, we charge a lot of money ($125/hr.), but we give great service. customers that care about they're property are willing to pay the high price to not worry about things dying in the middle of august, when they're on vacation.

pg

8. Wet_Boots

It's almost easiest to look at the overall property size, figuring that it will be sprinklered corner to corner. Then you modify a base figure by aggravations like sidewalks to go under, tree roots, the seven rottweilers in the fenced backyard.

I hope 45 psi is not the static water pressure.

9. Without A Drought

not so much the seven rotties, rather the "presants" they leave behind.

10. coxlandscaping

I'm afraid so on the static water pressure but most of these things that I have put in this area in the county has been around 40 to 50 Psi off the house not at the meter here here on the presants