1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

A little help please

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by rider1000, Mar 8, 2001.

1. rider1000

rider1000 LawnSite Member

I posted a thread titles "opinions on bid" and 64 people have read, but no responses? New to plowing, and would appreciate some opinions on my bid. Thanks
  2. CMerLand

CMerLand LawnSite Senior Member

Cant speak for others but IMO it is very difficult to bid something without seeing it, particularly snow or lawns. Square footage dont mean squat as there are so many varibles to consider. EX: Are there parking lot islands, where can the snow be piled, what are the properties hours of operations, is it always open or do the cars clear out after 5 pm, is there a big empty field next too it that will dump all the drifting snow into your lot, just to name a few.

Please understand Im not looking for you to go through and answer these questions because those few examples still arent going to be able to answer all the questions I'd have.

Its kinda like calling up the Doctor on the phone and telling him you've got a pain your side. He sure as heck isnt going to prescribe you something based on your opinion or best guess, hes gonna wanna see you.

Everyone on here is very helpful about many things but getting down to specifics of you situation is a difficult call, particularly when you consider all the different sizes of companies and their specific overheads and methods of operations.

Good luck and happy plowing

3. PamelaRose

PamelaRose LawnSite Member

There was a thread not to long ago which gave lots of good advice. Perhaps you should go back a few pages and look for it.
  4. DanG

DanG LawnSite Member

So far you've had 189 views and nine responses as of 10:15am on friday eastern time since you posted.

Thats not too bad.

5. PamelaRose

PamelaRose LawnSite Member

I tried looking for the thread but couldnt find it. :(

It could have been the "2wd?" thread.

A lesson to learn from this is to change the thread when the subject changes

as in "How to bid a res job for a big storm? was 2wd?"

sorry I couldnt help

TomGirl who ...... Loves plowing snow at 3am.

(wondering if its ok to use someone elses sig)