A little help with a kohler air filter needed....

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by sailinstud420, Dec 4, 2005.

1. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

I recently acquired a used 60 TT with the 23 kohler engine with the heavy duty canister air filter. It is obvious someone hung the air filter on a swing set or ran it into something. As you can see in the first pic (2921) the red circles indicate where the filter mount along with the throttle/choke plate mount to the engine. Notice the holes dont really line up and as near as I can figure there used to be studs that stuck up and the mount and throttle plate used to be bolted down to those. Am I correct? I did not see where a nut and bolt would work...

If you look at the 2nd and 3rd photo (2914 & 2919) you can see circled in yellow a crack in the engine cover along with the remains of those studs (if that is what is missing)... Before I waste any more time taking the engine cover off I figured I would consult the pro's. So what do I need and what parts do I need to fix this?

Any pics that you could possibly take of one of your mowers would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

P.S.? If you have no clue what I am describing, just tell me, and I will try to make this more clear....

DSCN2921.JPG

DSCN2914.JPG

DSCN2919.JPG

2. sailinstud420

what does it take to get those pics to show up instead of the dumb links? Do I need to have a seperate post for each pic? That is lame!

3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yes that is correct, one picture per post.

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like a new blower housing is in order, There are no studs to hold the throttle plate in place. Instead they have a special sheet metal type screw to hold the plate, You can go here; http://www.kohlerplus.com/login.asp click enter as guest and see the break-down of your engine.

5. sailinstud420

restrorob, did you happen to look at the pictures I attached? I looked at the breakdown on the site you gave me, I still do not really understand what parts I need...

6. sailinstud420

hey guys, I still need help with this, don't want to get pushy, but i know someone out there has knowledge on this subject. Please help...

7. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Alright, Post the spec. number off your engine and I will look the parts up you need and post the part numbers.
    Will that help ?

8. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

dont know if this helps but i have a 25 horse kohler here are the pics

IM000713.JPG

9. befnme

10. befnme