1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

A Little help

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by atwoodsz, Jan 24, 2008.

1. atwoodsz

atwoodsz LawnSite Member

I am a General Contractor for the most part, but I do a fair amount of Landscape work. I have recently bought a plow and plan to go after some contracts so I figured why not go for the lawn care end of it also. I am hoping this will turn into something my son can take on in a few years. He is autistic and will likely be dependent on us for a long time so best to try and get him in the family business.

What I am looking for is any leads on any kind of mower salvage yards or leads on rebuildable front decks and walk behinds. In the past I was a shop foreman for a large landscape / lawn company in the Chicago suburbs so I am not scared to take on a bit of a rebuilding challange.

Any info or leads would be greatly appreciated.

edit - you can't post an email address at the site. Thanks, Mike

Atwood Landscape Maintenance
    Full Service Landscape Design and Installation
    Lawn Care and Tree Service
  2. atwoodsz

atwoodsz LawnSite Member

Any leads anyone?
  3. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

May check with local shops
    Around here there used to be a couple of shops that kept unrepairable mowers the customers didnt come back to p/u(cost more to fix than they could by a new one for)
    The county came around and they had to get rid of them from the shop
    Just a thought