1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

a little info on one of the advertisers to your left!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassman177, Feb 27, 2010.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

the little ad that is from adeas printing. we have used them and have gotten a superior product at a very reasonable price. i highly recommend them and the stick it and band it option instead of holes in door hangers is a way better way !

just wanted to help them out a bit as we are very satisfied with our results with both quailty, ease of working with them, price and of course quickness from start to finish.
  2. Maple Wood

Maple Wood LawnSite Senior Member

I would like to second this. I just got 2000 door hangers this week from them. Great product and great service. Easy on the wallet as well!
  3. grassman177

nice, glad to hear it. did you do all the artwork or did they, or did they add to yours etc?
  4. towtruck212

towtruck212 LawnSite Member

grassman, have you used band it and stick it? which one did you find to work the best? Band it looks like it could be a pain and the stick it looks like it would work well.
  5. grassman177

you know, first year so not until next week, i will answer then, but i can tell you the stick it is pretty sticky so i would not put it on a painted surface as they advise!! the band it we got too for those certain situations and from what i can tell it will be great, jsut have to pull on the rubber band out the sides instead of away from the hanger or it will pop out of the hole , but i think it is a very short lived issue as after two or three times i figured it out and have had no issues while playing with it since. i would not want it as the only option, but good to have as backup for stick it depending on the door situation.
  6. rm25x

rm25x LawnSite Member

Hmm interesting. I may have to try the Band-It as I am worried about the adhesive pulling paint, etc as well. I guess it would be smart placement. Wonder how many people would be upset that you "stuck" something on their house?
  7. grassman177

i have thought that, but like you said it is in smart placement i think. it will stick to door handles very well actually so i think that will become common and it is not "offensive"

i take considerations like that into account as i personally throw away anything stuck on my door reguardless. i hate flyers and hangers personally and see them as invasive, so i am extra sensitive about how i got about putting them out and where i will put them. maybe that sounds dumb, but think about the guys who jsut over saturate areas with flyers, it makes them seem super desperate and wasteful. i dont want to do that, once is enough at a well though out timing, which i feel comes for me at the end of this coming week just as the rest of the snow is going away.

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

lest see what u got made up
  9. Daily Lawn/Landscape

Daily Lawn/Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

2nd that

10. Schuley

Schuley LawnSite Senior Member

I just ordered 2500 of these. Had the design already and just uploaded it to them. Their prices are great, 2500 with 2 printed sides, shipped to me for $225. They had a special offer going. I wasn't impressed with their design services, they get like $52/hr for the design work. It would be nice to have something like www.zazzle.com for designing. I submited the exact size they needed, all ready to go, and just had them insert my logo on the back side with a 1 sentence phrase and they charged me for 1.75hrs of design work. I had 2 free hours as part of the deal, but it seemed a little excessive. All together I liked them, will probably do more business. I think the stick-its are far superior, and less money than the standard hangers with the hole. I would recommend, although maybe have as much of the design ready ahead of time. I have someone that made up my design for $30....