A Little Nervous?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by ron mexico75, Apr 5, 2011.

1. nativeCO

nativeCO LawnSite Member

You know what your doing. You sound like a smart guy. Keep your price fair. There's too many bastards out there who undercut everyone else, which contributes to the fact that the economy sucks right now. Don't be cheap, Don't be expensive, be fair. Sleep well at night.

2. ron mexico75

ron mexico75 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well it's been a while but I have started this project. Been working on it for a few days now. Started spraying in August and started the tear down 2 weeks ago.

I have purchased all the palnt material and stepping stones for the pathway. It was an s.o.b. tilling up all those liriope roots, tree roots and best of all......removing all the freaking gravel that was put down in the beds and all over the front area about 20 plus years ago. That front bed by the street was all ivy as well, what fun it is to remove ivy....yeah right!

Anyways, this is the very first time I have posted pics of any of the work I have done. Still have work to do obviously but here are some before and after pics up to the curerent state of the project.

seven-3.jpg

seven-4.jpg

seven-5.jpg

seven-6.jpg

seven-18.jpg

seven-9.jpg

3. ron mexico75

here are 2 more

seven-17.jpg

seven-12.jpg

4. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care LawnSite Silver Member

I always get a little nervous or hesitant when submitting a bid... I think it's because I want the job that bad. I always get the feeling that I'm either to low or high with my numbers until I get the ok.

5. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

To me, nervousness and self doubt shows true character in this business.

Basically it shows you want to do a quality job and your best at what you want to do.

It's taken me a long time to really get over any nervousness. Occasionally it creeps in every now and then, but it keeps me honest.

The ultimate key is to never show your client any of those nervous signs. The more confident you are during consultations, the more likely you are to land the job. Never say no to anything ultimately.

Another thing I've noticed in my progression is that I'm now not so modest of my work. I've taken the compliments I hear as they are and use that as ammunition against my own self doubts. Just got to make sure not to cross the fine line of being proud or cocky.

6. ron mexico75

Thank you, very good advice!

7. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

What are you doing in this area Ron?

[​IMG]

8. ron mexico75

pachysandra

The paint markings are more or less to give the homeowner an idea of what it will look like before it fills in.