A Little, no ALOT PO'd on Price!

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by MMLawn, Jul 24, 2004.

1. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I am stunned and very upset. I went to my local dealer and priced a Laser Z 23/52 and he quoted me $7700.00 PLUS TAX for CASH and I just read on the lawncare forum where guys are buying New Laser 27/60's for $7200 and 27/52 for $7950. What gives!

2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

the hp is more in demand therefore it commands a higher price.

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I was REALLY hoping that someone from Exmark would be kind enough to explain why dealers prices should be so far off here???

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

MM,

Pricing is set by each independently owned Exmark dealer. Some dealers charge more than others so they can afford the top mechanics, parts inventory etc. In all honesty anything at the MSRP is a good deal. Anything below that the dealer is cutting into his own pocket. Also some of the deals I've seen involve a whole lot more equipment than just the mower mentioned. Often it's not the mower that's discounted out it's all the other stuff that was purchased at the time.

Dealers don't have a great deal of margin built into these mowers. I've yet to see a "rich" power equipment dealer. My advice would not to get too concerned about price. Granted you must consider it but it shouldn't be your primary consideration. I would focus on the dealer support and what will help you generate the most income as a lawn maintenance professional. How much income can you generate from your $7700 investment? I don't know of any equipment in any industry that you can make an investment of $7700. It's unlikely you'll find the same cut quality, parts support and technical support we offer.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Terry

5. WeatherMan

WeatherMan LawnSite Senior Member

Buy A john deere. You Know what they say

6. statman

statman LawnSite Senior Member

I've had a Deere, a Scag, 2 Buntons, and now an exmark. NO COMPARISON!!! Exmark wins buy a mile!

7. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Weatherman,

"you know what they say" I guess it depends on who's talking.

Terry

8. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah "Nothing Runs Like a Deere".

Thank God "nothing runs like a deere", one PITA designed mower to work on is enough.

(i can feel the heat already)

9. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

funny no one has ever said "Runs like a deere" has mentioned they use kawasaki engines, as do 95% or better of all other commercial manufacturers. so yes, they do run like deere's, but as far as the other components...

10. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nothin runs like a deer, nothin smells like a john.