a little off topic, but....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Nov 3, 2004.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

is my new signature offensive to anyone? it is a little large, any ideas?
    I like it, but personally if it was someone else's, i wouldn't want to have to scroll through it everytime i clicked on a thread i'd replied to. If i didn't have cable internet i'd probably be annoyed at waiting for it to download every time too.
    any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Eric

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I do know we had a feature installed with the old setup, where the signature would show only once in a thread. This sig here, no offense, would get really annoying seeing 10 times in one thread. I'm gonna have to see if we can get the one sig per thread installed in this software setup.

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I agree with Jodi as it's very annoying not mention that it causes the file to take much longer loading because of it's size. Let us know when you change it and I'll open your threads then, but until then I don't think I would want to see that green "billboard" again.

4. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

I just really dont see why its nessesay to list every machine you have? We all do landscaping/lawn care....Isnt it a given we have machinery? If someone wants to know what machinery I run they can ask me. :dizzy:

5. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

It's a little distracting and chews up bandwidth.

6. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Ok sorry....
    how's this one?

I for one actually like to see what other people run. Especially those who's opinions i value. But, if i had a question about a particular machine, i get to go straight to that person and ask them how they like it or whatever i wanted to know.
    But, by popular demand, here ya go!

7. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I think it's better to keep that on a personal website, but I've seen worse. Kind of a pain when you're trying to skim through posts and a few people have huge signature lines that take up half a page. No hard feelings Eric, but I'm not really interested in seeing what everyone owns. There's some guys on here that could fill up entire pages with lists of their equipment, and I thank them for not doing that.

8. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Ok try this one i just came up with now, and i really don't care if anyone doesn't like this one! it's not very big, and your cookies should already have loaded these, plus these guys keep the site afloat, so no one has any room to grip on this....

9. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Frankenscag,
    Personally when I see long equipment lists (or equipment lists period) I get the feeling the guy is bragging or trying to prove something. Now I know you've been around longer then I have and I know that's not the case with you. I've got a ton of respect for you and have mentioned before that I wished more of our younger generation had 1/2 the gumption and talent you do. But there are some others that go as far as listing their age, or equipment that doesn't even relate to the green industry. Like Evan528 said, we're all in the business, it's assumed that we all have some equipment.

Hey we're all proud of the equipment we own, and should be. That's understood, I'm dang proud of my my equipment and have posted pics of it. But I just don't think most guys care to see it everytime I post. Just my opinion.

Buck

10. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

I decided to remove my picture and signature. Don't need it. So, got ride of it. More room for discussion. See how easy this is to read...