A little off topic

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ha305, Feb 20, 2006.

1. ha305

ha305 LawnSite Member

Just wondering what others charge per hour during the leaf season i am located in new jersey:cool2:

2. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

search it!

3. ha305

ha305 LawnSite Member

how much do you charge

4. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

O.K> this is simple... if it's you, a rake and a tarp , that could be one prize! now if it's you, and a backpack blower, that could be another prize! now if it's you and couple of your buddies with backpack blowers , that could be another prize!!! ...If it's you and a couple of buddies,backpack blowers and some rakes , tarps and a leaf loaders ,then that could be another prize! so witch one is it??? :hammerhead:

5. mulcahy mowing

from ma

I get about 50 an hour. what equipment would you be using? how much will that equipment cost you to run? how much are you paying the help? tell me more about your operation and i could maybe give you a ball park on what you should charge.

6. ha305

ha305 LawnSite Member

:weightlifter: Just me and my 16hp fradan, nothin else

7. mulcahy mowing

from ma

alright that would make your overhead about $7 an hour so about $47 an hour plus what ever you drive to the job site, gass,mileage. so you like me should be looking for about $50 an hour +dumping fee but will your area pay this? call your competion and say i'm wondering what your going rate per hour is to have someone come down and move so some leaves (thats what i did). hope this helps
    -james

8. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

60 an hour

9. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Usually around $60-70/hr here in Northern, NJ. Where in NJ are you, why are you doing leaves NOW?

10. K.Carothers

K.Carothers LawnSite Bronze Member

Out of all people, you should talk. How about an answer for this man?

kc