A little planting

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by New Heights, Jun 10, 2007.

1. New Heights

New Heights LawnSite Member

Here are some pics of planting I am working on with a friend of mine. What do you guys think?

natures reflections 005.jpg

natures reflections 004.jpg

natures reflections 014.jpg

natures reflections 015.jpg

1 027.jpg

2. New Heights

Here are some more pics.

1 026.jpg

1 005.jpg

1 020.jpg

1 031.jpg

1 030.jpg

3. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

I think the trees along the drive are way too close together and too close to the drive. I take it they are a type of Pear (Aristocrat, Chanticlear, Cleavland) They will have to be torn out in 6-7 years.

Chris

4. New Heights

You are correct, but you should do little research on your trees. They are planted 20 feet apart and at maturity they have a 15 ft radius, so they will never touch. Thanks for the input though.

5. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

WHAT! are you serious. Trees are 20 ft apart. With a 15 ft radius that means they will be 30 from one side to the other. So that leaves you with 10 ft of growth touching. I think you should brush up on your math skills. Big difference between radius and diameter. Now toss in the circumference of the tree and your over the driveway and growing into the trees on either side.

On that note looks good.

6. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Yup those trees mean trouble in a couple of years.

Tim

7. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Firstly, I doubt the trees on this side of the drive are 20' apart and even if they are, they are only 4-5' off the asphalt, so they WILL be a major problem in a few years. Secondly, I have plenty of tree knowledge and you are correct, they get to a 15' RADIUS. You planted them too close! or you need to take a 5th grade math course.

Chris

8. New Heights

I stand corrected, it is a 15' diameter and thet are 10 ft off the drive. Thanks for pointing that out.

9. Natures Reflection

Natures Reflection LawnSite Member

Cleveland selects get about 15-20' across (Diameter) if the trees are 20 feet on center then a full grown tree will just about be touching the next one down the line. And if the trees are indeed 10' off the drive then a full grown tree will just be overhanging the drive. A good choice when lateral space is limited. Overall I think it was the right plant.

Scott
    Natures Reflection LLC

10. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Even thought it might not be a spoof 1 post wonders are funny. Planting looks pretty good.

Cheers