1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

A little something about Wright Mfg.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cgaengineer, Jul 24, 2007.

1. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I want to praise Wright Mfg. I had ordered a Velke for my new Toro T2 and had to return it as it was too short or Im too short?. I get a call today from Chris at Wright Mfg and Chris asked for a few measurements and told me that with provided measurements he was going to stamp out a prototype for me to try and get it shipped to me ASAP. The prototype will be the connector arm that attaches to the rear bumper and Velky vertical pivot pin.

How is that for customer service?
  2. weeble67

weeble67 LawnSite Senior Member

That is very impressive. It would be nice to see the customer service of other places benchmark that service.
  3. fargoboy

fargoboy LawnSite Member

I guess that will be a major reason to consider a Wright product in the future SERVICE
  4. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

Now thats service.
  5. cgaengineer

I just hope for all the trouble they are going through to take care of my problem that I will be comfortable with the product. I hope that when they see my AutoCad drawing I provided that it will show that the bar is in fact too long and its not because I am uncomfortable. When I use my Toro with the 15" Velke arm I am having to lean forward and this is even worse when going down a hill as now I am putting alot of pressure on my toes to keep me from falling forward.

Can anyone tell me if when using a Velke they are standing straight or are you leaning forward.
  6. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Wright
  7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Straight up behind my Ferris 36" GD.
  8. cgaengineer

Thats what I was thinking Richard...it feels really uncomfortable to be leaning forward on flat ground and even worse on a hill.
  9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I'm assuming that you had the short arm already? Velke has a long and short arm. The short arm is about 16".
  10. cgaengineer

Yes I checked this as the Toro is supposed to use the 15" arm and others use 18"...the arm that Wright MFG will be making will be around 13" inches. So I suppose the new 13" arm will be called the Chris Jones arm for short people with short arms.