1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

A loaner policy that makes sense to me.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by mountainjogger, Aug 22, 2013.

1. CurbAppealKS

CurbAppealKS LawnSite Senior Member

You really are stupid aren't you? Get over yourself for just a second and realize what you are saying. Going off your statements, I'm guessing you are a homeowner who mows private property because you are forced to maintain it. Any commercial cutter would have different view points all together.

Even if a dealer only had one loaner machine, that machine is not going to benefit you in the least. Maybe borrowing it will keep your yard from getting a week behind, big deal!

What if my mower breaks down first thing Monday morning? Well I now have at least $500 worth of potential revenue to catch up on. That means I have to move my schedule around for the rest of the week to try and work people in and stay ahead. What if my schedule is so tight that I cannot move people around and I'm forced to absorb one whole day's worth of mowing? That means I Iose one weeks worth of those jobs for the month. Does that make sense to you? Until you get out and do this for a living, please keep your ignorant opinion to yourself because you are far outnumbered by those here that do this for a living.

I'm sure you are nothing, but a troll. Any sensible person wouldn't be on here saying such ridiculous things. Please show us your commercial piece of equipment. Obviously you have spent as much as many of us by how you stand your ground.

You are windier than two bags of assholes.
  2. IES

IES LawnSite Senior Member

What he said!^^^^!
  3. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

First winter I had my kubota I used it for pushing snow. They sold a blade and got it. Worked good, but the hydrolic lift system is not lubercated so all the pivot points rusted due to salt. The dealer told me one week. It turned into a month long ordeal and it was a week and half before they looked at it. I was hopping mad to say the least.
  4. iand

iand LawnSite Senior Member

i remember reading an article once where a local dealer said he treats all customers the same and there is no way he would give priority to contractors he sold the business within 2 years of the article,there wasn't a single contractor that would purchase or get their equipment serviced from him because no one can afford to wait for service when they are running a business
  5. JCLawn and more

from MI

Especially when parts are just as fast and sometimes cheaper on the internet, he just rendered himself useless.
  6. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Your dealer should run for office, he has much more common sense than most politicians.

A man making his living and feeding his family with one mower takes precedence over a homeowner in any mower loaning scenario. This is no more than common sense, and to whoever it was that stated the mower cost the same no matter who it's sold to, needs to find a class that helps promote positive thinking.

I am standing in a dealers business while talking with him about my mowers problem, he tells me there is one loaner on hand and I can use it while my mower is being repaired (I mow 15 ac. per week on my farm). While I am standing there talking with the dealer I overhear a person that depends on his one mower to make a living for him and his family say he has a problem, and needs his mower repaired. The service writer tells him it will take several days for the repair to be made, and the last mower they had on their loaner program just went to me.

No one need say a word, I would immediately tell the dealer this gentleman needs the loner, and I want it loaded on his trailer. This is know as common courtesy derived from common sense.
  7. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

^^^^^^ There's the answer!! Courtesy and common sense are a commodity, brother. =D
  8. JCLawn and more

from MI

Imagine if someone were to open a 24/7 service shop and parts counter. Think of how much business they would get if you could drop something off for a overnight repair while we sleep or be able to get that belt at 10pm

GREENWITHENVY1 LawnSite Member

Hey stupid.Did you read what I wrote you ****** bag.Go back and try reading it a little sloooower this time.I am giving a scenario between COMMERCIAL AND HOMEOWNER you dumb prick.

GREENWITHENVY1 LawnSite Member

CURBAPEAL Im talking to you *******.