A message on my machine today! (Funny)

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by ChadA, Apr 7, 2005.

1. trying 2b organic

trying 2b organic LawnSite Senior Member

Being in biz automatically exposes us to stuff exactly like that, I have had more than my share already this yr and in fact just fired a particularly angry old lady customer who wasnt worth my time. (Terribly sorry due to scheduling i will be unable to yadda yadda)

Also, I just started selling in a subdivision with very small lawns at @25.00 per cut when there is already someone working the area for $15.00. Surprise surprise he does a bad job. I expect to do well in that area as people get to know me.

With a call like that remember that every minute you think about it you give power to a dipspit. You are right, It is funny and thier message should be laughed off.

2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldnt spit across a street for 15 bucks

3. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

I kind of suspected he might of been an LCO who lived the area just trying to scare me off. But I thought nah, thats to low. If it was an LCO he's not going to like seeing me there tomorrow. Got another one today. That make three in his neighborhood.

4. jbell113

jbell113 LawnSite Senior Member

I put some flyers out once and I had a message on my machine that went like this ,(If you are trying to drum up new business I suggest that you do it some other way than using tape on the mail boxes I just put up a new box and the tape pulled off the paint and i am furious) I dont put out flyers any more I advertise in the yellow pages

5. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

i doubt this guy does a good job, but if he does he would make a great subcontracter!!lol u would probably end up with more money than doin it urself

6. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

I did an estimate a few days ago about someone wanting roughly 2 yards of mulch picked up and hauled off the property, and they were going to put in new mulch. Called them back and gave them the price of $75.00. She said ok and told me just to leave the check in the mailbox. I'm like you mean the invoice? She's quiet then says, well your going to use the mulch on other jobs right? I said I might but probably not. She goes on to tell me that they arent just going to give away mulch for free. Good luck selling wood chips (wasnt even nice mulch) to any lawn or landscape companies. Lol told her I wasnt interested.

7. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

ya mow for $15 but charge a $20 stop fee :D

8. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Wow, he copied the same reply as Rodfather...Original

I have had customers call and ask if i would match prices...Nope not happening

trevor

9. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

i don't do anything under 30 new rule thats it bottom line don't like well that is one less yard and the sooner I go home.

10. kory landscaping

kory landscaping LawnSite Member

Monday this week I had 2 mexican fellows come up to me, One said he was going to get all my customers. The other one said that he handed out 1000 flyers and he received 500 calls. Who cares I told him. The bad part about this I pick up 10 of their old customers.And I didn't even hand out any flyers.

Kory Landscaping