A moped and a mower.....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by haynestotallawns, Apr 24, 2004.

1. haynestotallawns

haynestotallawns LawnSite Member
    from SC

Saw a guy about a week and a half ago while I was driving through this upscale neighborhood. He was driving a moped, while wearing his backpack blower on his back, and pulling his pushmower behind him. He had an old milk crate tied to the side of his moped that had a small gas can in it. Everytime he stopped the pushmower would run into the back of his moped. The blower tube was secured to his leg somehow. It was an odd site to say the least. I know the guy is working for a whole lot less than I am but at least he's working and trying to make some kind of money.

2. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

No string trimmer?

3. haynestotallawns

haynestotallawns LawnSite Member
    from SC

no trimmer, just a blower, and a push mower.

4. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

Off topic, but just speaking of mopeds (scooters, ect.) I about fell out when I noticed that it was cheaper to get a new Harley Davidson Sportster, than a new Honda scooter (forget the model)
    (Honda might not consider them a scooter, but more scooter than a motorcycle to me)

5. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

LOL! Had to re-check just to make sure I wasn't making a fool out of myself.

2004 Sportster XL 883 MSRP 6,495.00

2004 Honda Silver Wing (600cc) MSRP 7,599.00
    (pure scooter, nothing like a Gold Wing)

6. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya, but most Harley dealers take the MSRP and go UP, and the rest of the world takes it and goes down. At least, that's how it seems to work in most areas.
    Crawdad