1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

A new hill pic for those that poked fun at me before

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Dec 2, 2002.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I posted a blurry pic in another thread. A house in the background was distorted. So I became the butt end of a joke. I guess some people were making me out to be a lair.

I have no reason to lie about such a thing. So I decided to snap a few shots while I was out today. I got some decident ones this time I think.

Notice the electric pole in the upper left hand corner I used to line up the camera with.

Keth, could you please do that thing you did to the other pic so I'll know the grade of this bank? I thank you in advance for your time doing it!

As for the others of you, and you know who you are,

2. Lawn Specialties

Lawn Specialties LawnSite Member

Aint those fun. I got one that steep thats about 50 feet tall and a block long.
  3. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

LOL, calm down and take a deep breath. :D :D :D
  4. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Impressive Envy - Looks like 35 degrees to me - Don't see anyone in the seat - scared - lol:p
  5. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

Yuck. I dont like those. Its worse when that hill is taller though!

6. Envy Lawn Service

Flex-Deck, surely that has got to be more than 35 degrees right??? Usually solo's have to get OFF to take a picture which would explain the lack of a pilot. I do steeper stuff. But I'd be afraid to dismount to take a picture.

I agree that the taller they are the more pucker factor is involved.:eek:
    I have some of those too. They really suck. Hills and banks like these are good spots for landscape installation as far as I'm conserned.
  7. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Glad I don't have any of those.

BTW: it wasn't the house that made the other photo untrue. It was the horizon (It was wayyyy crooked in your favor). We have a point of reference here that is true.
  8. point

point LawnSite Member
    from mn

Wow Envy that is steep, if it weren't for the sides of your bottom tires sitting on the road I'll bet it would slid down hill.
  9. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

I estimate a shade over 45%. I just held a piece of paper (straight edge) from corner to corner across the computer screen to get a 45 and the mower is at a slightly steeper angle then that. I'm sure the flat area at the top helps hold the tractor too, but that is impressive for a tractor.
  10. Envy Lawn Service

Check this pic. The horizon is way against my favor wouldn't you say? I live and work in the foothills and mountains. There aren't very many flat horizons around here. Like I said before, the tree line at the horizon was slated because the trees themselves are standing on a slope.

No troubles sliding as long as conditions are reasonable. Look at where the tires are in relation to the road here. In this image and the other there is a ditch that goes below the roadline. It's just filled with leaves.