1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

A new one day mowing record for me.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DennisF, Oct 8, 2004.

1. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I just finished mowing this evening and set a new personal best for the number of cuts in a 12 hour day.. solo. I managed to finish 19 lawns between 7:00 am and 7:00pm. Sixteen of them were 12,000 SF (1/4 acre lawns) and 3 were 15,000 SF. The route was real tight and that helped. I'm feeling it right now and my butt is dragging big time, but I feel pretty good about the accomplishment.

I know this is no big deal for some of you, but for an old dude like me it was a personal best.

Lets here some bragging. What's your personal best for one day...solo?
  2. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

buy my self i have done 29 in 13 hour day and most of them take an hour with 2 people but i was hauling AZZZZZ that day.... dont work buy my self no more though lol payup
  3. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I can't remember the total lawns I did on my best day.. I started at 4:30am on a commercial and finished at 11:45pm on a commercial.. The rest of the day was residentials.. I think I made $1,900 mowing that day..
  4. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

So we are talking about 237,000sf in 12 hours.. I usually have that amount of turf covered by noon.. most days :p

Congrats on your new record.
  5. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

19 yards in 12 hours solo sounds pretty good to me.
  6. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

Most in a day for me solo is 20 in 8 hours. I kinda cheat tho, as I have 1 day a week I do vacant houses and they are just mow and go, no trim, no blow. Full service weekly customers best is 17 in 10-11 hours.
  7. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

I did 7 yards 2day with a friend after school in 3 thours. I was quite thrilled. (and i got to use my new backpack blower :D
  8. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I did 17 large ones by myself once or twice. Heck, Im 44 now so I got workers that do it now. :cool: :p :p
  9. steve122

steve122 LawnSite Member

Congratulations. I did 32, left my house 7 AM drove 46 miles to first one, cut 32 and drove the 40 some miles back home by 6:30 PM. 160 miles total for the day. BUT, these were vacant, repo'd houses, as someone else said, mow, blo and go. Most had been sprayed with roundup before, around foundations and fences and garages. So, my 32 probably wasn't as much work as your 19. Just because someone puts up big numbers, don't loose sight of what you accomplished!!
  10. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I cut 61 acres last week Thursday, finished a 450 sq ft retaining wall, and sold 3 holiday lighting projects to commercial customers, and was eating dinner by 5:30. Well maybe i had a lot of help. Congratulations to you Dennis, keep it up. And thanks to my guys for making things happen.