A new post card i am planning to send out!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bigw, Mar 2, 2008.

1. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

The goal here is simply to put a life size business card in people's mail boxes, im hoping they see the post card then see my truck and trailer and say hey thats the same logo on that truck that was on that post card we got last week. This card is 4x6
    Simple logo reconition is worth a thousand words just ask NIKE.

DSCN8122.jpg

DSCN8123.jpg

2. RickR1818

RickR1818 LawnSite Senior Member

I know you are kicking ace with your mailers but I do have a quick ?. It seems to me that you are giving generous discounts. The 20% is a significant discount. Say the account is worth 1000 for the season, you are essentially taking off $200. That would come out to be 6 free cuts at 30 a cut which would also equal a free month of cutting. I have seen here on this site that a 20% profit is a good target to hit for the year. It seems that you are just giving that back to the customer.

3. RickR1818

RickR1818 LawnSite Senior Member

I do like the card though!!!

4. bigw

I fully understand your point but in todays market with so many LCOS and just starting out i need an edge right? well to me 20% means nothing for 2 reasons...1 the account is more important then losing 20% of say 40$ which would now be 32$. #2. See first of all its not like i have "flat" prices for certain size lawns,i do not quote any 2 lawns the same regaurdless of size.I go with my gut on what i should charge so a lawn that maybe 99% of lcos would charge 30 for i may charge 40 and then what am i really losing? Nothing i am gaining 2 bucks!!! See i can do this because its " sales" and one thing i can do with the best of them is sell.

5. advantage landscaping

advantage landscaping LawnSite Member

I had an excellent opinion of you until I looked at your website. A picture of your daughter does NOT belong on there. 99.999999% of people would say "Gee what a sweet girl," - but it only takes one creep! Just an fyi, because with phone numbers, names, addresses you would make it way too easy if someone wanted to cause harm to your family.
    Then your business does not matter........

6. bigw

wow so your opinion changed because my daughter is on my site?? I understand your point but the site is to show "family value's" besides i dont think you would want to come to my house with bad intentions!! It bothers me that you would even think this way!!

7. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

big W

i don't think he meant it like that... and facts prove there are creeps and people who deserve bullets everywhere...

I deal in a much smaller customer base .... but fact remain my kids are addorable but all i use them for is just a pic of their feet...I sure hope no foot fetish ped ever shows up at my house or you will be reading about me (and not just on lawnsite)

8. customcurbdesigns

customcurbdesigns LawnSite Member
    from Tampa

I understand logo recognition but do you really think that everyone that gets a post card is going to see your truck? I higly doubt it unless you live in a town with a population of 25.

Are you sending out another 10,000?

9. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

Do you do subcontracting work? :waving:

10. bigw

Well first of all i do live in a smaller town and i do live on the busiest corner at a traffic light so chances are at some point if you live in my area you will see my sign in my yard ,my truck or my trailer. Do you really believe that over 50% of the people that live in your town have not already seen your truck? Just think about when ever you see a truck in your town that catches your eye,now think about how many times you have sen that truck and would you reconize it again if you saw it? Sure you would especially if you live in a small town and not some huge city. Oh and no i am only sending out 500 just to see the response this new card might bring!