a new thread for Bobbyg

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doster's L & L, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

After searching all ofthe old threads and getting a little help from it, it still hasn't straightened out my problem. My new Spyker spreader only puts out 14# lime/1000 wide open doing a double app. (only 7# for single) The soil test calls for 50#/K Should i spread 14lbs /month for 3 months straight and then wait 6 months or so and apply the rest following another test?

This is an 84K lawn, so the bill will be huge if i do it this way. I'm not complaining, but i don't want him to complain either though. i could recommend that i need to do this in phases and when the pH is corrected, do it once a year to maintain it. What do ya think?:waving: thanks.

2. morturf

morturf LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Is the Spreader u are using a Mulch-n-More? If not I would say that you are stuck with the output unless you change your spreader or the type of lime you are using. The Mulch-n-More would put more on. Look here to see.
    www.spyker.com

Mike

3. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

I am using pelletized lime right now. Soon i hope to be using C-Cal. I don't know if i will get more output with this or not though. I am using Spyker Model 88. If i decided not to get a new spreader just yet, would any of you recommend doing the job with 4 apps instead of 2 and charging accordingly? If i started doing a 50 lb application with 4 apps over a period of time, would i be known as "the rapist"? LOL