A nightmare from the past

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mower For Less, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

AHHHH!!!! I knew advertising would come and bite me in the rear sooner or later! I had the old customer from HELL call me today. I did her lawn a few times 2 years ago, but 'fired' her because she was a MAJOR PITA. She did not just call once, not twice, but 7 times (within about 10 minutes). The first two while I was on a call with another prospective customer (call waiting beeping in). I did not answer the call waiting, figured they would leave a message. The third one I anwered (done with other call), told her we would not do her lawn, and hung up. She calls again, I dont answer. She calls the operator and has the operator place the call, I answer, the operator connects the call, I hang up again. She calls again, 2 more times! I just let it go to voicemail. How many times can I tell her that I WILL NOT cut her lawn!?!?! I hope she gives up after today, otherwise what are my options? Call blocker (can you block a # from calling you?), restraining order??? This lady is nuts!

P.S. Anybody want a customer in Warren, around 12&Ryan? LOL.

2. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

go to her house and cut her phone line LOL. JK!
  3. Mower For Less

No, becuase then she will see me and say "You cut my grass today?" (She speaks broken english, not a typo).

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Call another lawn service that you don't care about much, and give them her number. They will hook up, and it will pacify her. It would be either that, or show her your contract for $500 a month.
  5. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

haha i agree with runner! get alot of money for it or hook her up with another company and run!
  6. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Give her number to any one of your local scrubs, and let them deal with her. I'm sure they will be gald to pick up a little business.
  7. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

file harassment charges if she continues or triple her price for mowing.
  8. Mower For Less

What is going on today?! I had another prospective customer call me today, and ask if I used a sulky on my walkbehind (not his words exactly, but thats what he was asking). I told him I did. He said he has a guy cut his lawn now, and uses a sulky, and is tearing the crap out of it in the turns. I tried to explain to him that this is probably the mower that is tearing the lawn up in the turns, not the sulky. He would prefer a large rider instead of a walk behind he says, that way the bigger tires wont tear his grass up in the turns (I laughed to myself). We are talking a total lot size of only 8000 sq.ft., and a front yard of MAYBE 1200-1500 sq.ft. I cut 3 of his neighbors lawns, I suggested he check them out (he knew which ones) and look for turf damage. I am confident there is none. He says he will consider it, but he wants to try and find somebody with a large rider to cut his lawn. WTF?!?! Is there a full moon today or what?

9. STAN1366

STAN1366 LawnSite Senior Member

Actually, I think there was last night!
  10. Davis Lawn Mowing LLC

Davis Lawn Mowing LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Must be a full moon. We got some weirdos up in Mid-Michigan too man.