1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

A note from a sponsor

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Remote Pigtails, Jul 15, 2007.

1. Remote Pigtails

Remote Pigtails LawnSite Senior Member

Occasionally this side of my dual business personality needs to be heard.
    I should be stocked with all pigtail sizes again by the end of this week. Had several large orders come in at once and it depleted three weeks of manufacturing supply. Also I posted the wiring color code on my sponsor site for downloading and hookup tips as well. I'm in the process of trying to find a new web management system sense I'm getting new products I want to advertise and specials I want to offer but don't have the skill level or time to make it work so if anybody wants to give an opinion let me hear it. I'm going to try and use the lawnsite web sponsors page.
  2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Someone on here who's name rhymes with Flirty Daughter does web stuff for a living.

Drop him a PM.
  3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Free badger with every order?
  4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Is there a testimonial from FM on the website? :)
  5. We all know that 'tails is like a brother to me. Wouldn't be fair to comment on anything he posts because I can find no fault in the guy.
  6. PurpHaze

BTW... We finally got our 2008 purchase orders on Friday. I'll be going to work again on the boss regarding the Eicon adapters.
  7. Remote Pigtails

Remote Pigtails LawnSite Senior Member

Do you need another to twirl around when you are in his office? That is going to be one of my additions to my revamped web site. I suspect their are a lot of frustrated Eicon users.
  8. PurpHaze

Naw... All I have to do is pull out my remote's receiver. Your prototype is on it and has been working absolutely great.

If you need something from me on your site regarding the Eicon adapter just let me know. You guys did a terrific job. Now I just need to pry the money out of the boss for the 100 more I need.
  9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Question Tails - what gauge wire is on the install ends? Reason I ask is how well does it work on the old style ESPs and Toro Greens Keepers that have the terminals where the wires stick in and the little toggle flips down holding it in place? We have tons of these here. As mentioned in another thread, we have a very wide variety of controllers here. Also what is appx. list or selling price to the customer.

I'll try and ask a few customers if they would be interested in having the pigtail installed. But that still means I need to buy the remote. Haven't even looked at what they cost. What's appx. price for the remote guys? I'll only question customers with at least 8+ zones. Anything less seems pointless honestly. I have limited commercial projects but will ask them as well.

As Tony mentioned, when winterizing I am also trying to turn on multiple zones from the valve boxes to speed up the process. So not too much help. I will also approach two of my larger landscape contractors as well and ask if they would ever be interested in installing the tail on there installs. Maybe they can hide the cost in the bid. One of these companies I do the majority of their service work. The other is now sending me all there service work for systems outside their 2 year warranty.
  10. Hey Dana-I'm sorry but I've got to get to my first appt. When I get back I'll give you some quality answers and suggestions.