A note on ( oh my god i met my first scrub)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 44toy, Oct 7, 2003.

1. 44toy

44toy LawnSite Member

off topic a little.

we dropped off a 955L loader to a job guy was grading & digging basement. been on job about 3 hours woman was watching with 2 small ( 1-4 year old) kids.

Then after 3 hours he had afunny felling, stoped the loader looked back, there was a kid behind him ( woman was talking to a friend on the phone) when he shut down the loader to get the kid, woman look up and came running out (kussing him.) Guy drove home and said he did not know if he would run a loader again.

I hit a guy with a stray rock on the first yard I ever did ( but that was different, 15 years ago)

several incidents between but.

Any time I fell unsure, i top and or look around. this is a basic skill ever should keep in mind.

The rock caused a nasty bruise and the guy said he he knew better ( very good for my 15 year old but.) but it can only take 1 bad accident to put a small guy out of order. just my opinon

2. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

a local landscaper ran over his own 3 year old son this past summer with a mid-sized grader. Such a tragedy, he was operating the same machine 2 day after :(. i don't think i could even set foot on that machine in particular, and i'd be very reserved about operating any piece of equipment.

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

did the kid get hurt?

4. BSDeality

sorry, missed the most important fact.

he killed him.

5. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

killed him? What was the point of the story? Or should I say, what was in relation to a scrub was this meant to be?

(did that last sentence that I just wrote make since?)

6. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

runs a chill up your spine just thinking about it.

7. BSDeality