A note to all manufactures

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by all ferris, Aug 19, 2005.

1. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know about you all but I just love to stop for a fill up :angry: :realmad: . It cost me $42 just to fill up one mower this morning. I really hope all the manufactures are looking for alternatives to make mowers less costly to run. Lets hear some of you guy's ideas to make these mowers sip gas. Lets face it, a mower engine is not the most efficient thing in the world.

2. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

Al, I feel your pain also. I put 35 bucks today in one mower and the 2 gallon gas tank. I then put 31 in my truck and it was over a half full when I put that in :realmad: :realmad: My biggest expense to me is the vehicle since I have to drive so far to each yard but a more efficient mower would sure help all of us. I raised my prices anywhere from 2.50-5.00 on each yard and still dont feel like it was enough.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

QuickBooks says I have spent just over 2k for fuel this month... damn and this has been the slowest month of the year.

4. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't want to look to see what Quickbooks says I spent on fuel. I might have a heart attack if I did.

5. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Try a Fuel injected mower.

6. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Purchased SCAG TT w/29 KAWI LC/EFI. Have been seeing the fuel savings already in just a few weeks. It really does save on fuel.

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

...And just wait until Exmark unveils their Hybrid Mower..... :)

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Too much money :cry:

9. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I am going diesel powered next season :D

10. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Make one that runs on Ethonal or E85 soy biodiesel too much of our surplus corn crop gets sent overseas lets put it to use here its pretty much renewable and ethonal and e85 both burn a lot cleaner and fossil fuels

But yes as for me im going the diesel route as gas here is running $2.65-2.70 while diesel is runnin 2.45-2.49 talk about a hell of a difference