A painful added expense...

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by thepawnshop, Mar 25, 2006.

1. thepawnshop

thepawnshop LawnSite Senior Member

After ordering my new mini, I realized my trailer won't carry the load...

It's a 6 ton tag along that after you deduct it's own weight will only pull ten thousand lbs. So I ordered a ten ton gooseneck to the tune of $6500...OUCH!

What REALLY stinks is the fact that I will technically be overweight for me 1 ton truck!

AARRGGHH!

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

In WA, towing more than 10k lbs needs a cdl too.

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I don't think that's true, I was under the impression that if you're over 26,001 combined weight you need a CDL. If not, I've never been stopped :)

4. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

same here.

5. bobcat9957

bobcat9957 LawnSite Member

In Mass you need a CDL if its over 26001 OR pulling over 10k.

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

That is pretty cheap for a trailer a 10 ton gooseneck trailer here would be double that easy. As for CDL it is the same here if your trailer is over 10,000lbs you need a endorsement if you get into the area where you are pulling it with a medium duty then you need a class 01 (A).

With mini's its easier to carry them than trailer them its cheaper too especially if you have a rolloff truck.

7. Dirty Water

As far as I know, its combination weight over 26,001 OR towing more than 10k.

8. Dirty Water

Doug:

Trying to find the information Virginia's DOT page is like pulling teeth. You might have to call them at:

1-866-368-5463

9. Dirty Water

10. thepawnshop

thepawnshop LawnSite Senior Member

John, you are the man! I will be towing over 10k, so I guess I need to rethink a few things...BTW...I know this post belongs in the "trailer" section, but this part of the forum just feels like home...

I think I'll just go ahead and get my CDL...it can't be that hard...right?!?!?!