A persons worst nightmare

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mock, Apr 17, 2008.

1. mock

mock LawnSite Member

Today I started to Town to start mowing I arrived at my first lawn of the day and saw the lawn littered with packing peanuts and the wind blowing them every where I got them picked up it took a long while thought to myself that will be the worst for the day went on finished the job later in the day I arrived at my 4th lawn and it was also littered with packing peanuts does anybody else have problems with these kind of thing because it sucks picking these thing up. :hammerhead:

2. Sweet Tater

Sweet Tater LawnSite Silver Member

lol, sorry but thats just funny, of course it wouldn't be if it were my customer. That reminds me of when the kids use to put bubbly bath in the local country club fountain. There'd be so much bubbles blowing down the road....:)

3. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Sounds like somebody might be messing with you, find out who and put toilet paper on some of they're yards right before a rain.

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Mulch kit or use a ocdc and mow them up. When they are ground reall fine they will disappear.

5. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

that sound like alot of work

6. laxative

laxative LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Packing peanuts suck. Spent an hour in my yard looking stupid with a big shop vac yesterday because my dog dragged a box full of em from the garage.

7. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

Man I love my Walker 48GHS.

8. martyman

martyman LawnSite Member

I worked for a large commercial company years back and the guy operating the tractor made a B-line for a full newspaper on a windy day...I was not impressed.

9. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

we had a few with them this week as well. I can't believe you picked them up. We tell or guys to pick up all trash within reason. Guess what all 3 lawns with packing peanuts this week was not in reason. especially after they got cut up into mini packing peanuts. The reason for the within reason is the hossiers that leave beer cans all over their back yard or cigarette butts in a huge pile right by their porch. That is beyond the scope of our lawn maintenance programs. unless they want to pay extra. So each week the cans and the butts get shredded and each week their is a new pile of them.

10. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

My mowing charge doesnt include that kind of service. You are a nice guy I guess.