a Phone Call

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Keegan, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

I have an ad in my local paper saying I do organic lawn care.

So I received a message from a lady and it started out like this-
    "uh, I guess I'm organic because I don't do anything to my lawn. what I need is to have trees trimmed and shrubs too."

I had to laugh. must be a full moon

:hammerhead:

2. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

Soooo, go trim her bushes or whatever she needs,a $ is a $.LOLOL :dizzy:

yeah its been a full moon lately here also..........

A lot of LCOs going out of business, maybe the heat and some rain have made some retire, one call we got ask can the lawn get mowed now( 9:45 PM local time) she had a party in 15 minutes, i did not even know what to say at first, she got here yard mowed, I got my 2 year contract!!!:laugh:

3. DeepGreenLawn

DeepGreenLawn LawnSite Silver Member

my local Lesco is closing, I went in the other day to see if they had a soil probe. They didn't and said they were shutting down. All the ones closest now are a good 30 min drive without traffic, that is Marietta, Cartersville, and Alpharetta, no traffic? Yeah right!

I was going to ask them if they had a lot of guys going out of business with the higher prices but thought I would pass as they seemed to be in a pretty somber mood.

I just hope the prices keep climbing, makes my topdress one time price not look so bad. Is it bad to say I love it?

4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

We have nurserys going out of business around here but so far the Suwanee Lesco is still floating.

5. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

That is a shame, great people doing great things. The long term drought got them. I feel for them, people of the earth and they have to hang it up.

These folks have worked years to grow their plants and make contacts, it is a shame

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah it is a shame...It does allow me to get a truckload of foundation plants and a large 15 gallon maple for $200 so I didnt complain about that...but it was sad to see lots of neglected plants at the nursery and weeds growing in the greenhouses.

7. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

I have been though several of these, the lesson learned is stock the money away and wait for opportunities

$800 per ton urea seems like an excellent opportunity to me and we are able to reduce inputs

It is basically a slap in the face "WAKE UP" you can no longer do it they way you have been doing it

and it reduces inputs, I do believe I have said that once or twice