A photo blog from work today with pgp Blues

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, Jul 24, 2007.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

First off I would love to say this job here was an awsome take over..prob 16 GPM PSI=80+.The pgp's were so far apart I played with the new Blue pgp nozzles...

This is rosa regosa..Very prickly...hurts..There was a 700 i had to move out..but instead I decided to find its funny pipe and let that 700 rot in this thorn ridden heck hole
    [​IMG]

The half burnt up lawn....we ran a manual before we left..In that corner i put a 6 GPM pgp blue nozzle and it came out fantastic...I am in love with them nozzles..

[​IMG]

can you see the 700?

[​IMG]

found the funny pipe to it
    [​IMG]

Said funny cut and the 700 was left in the thorn heavean.
    [​IMG]

This here was a 4 Gpm..God I love how they throw water.....
    [​IMG]

2. CAPT Stream Rotar

Great lunch stop

[​IMG]

Action shot of me in spring
    [​IMG]

Best Kneepads ever.

[​IMG]

Sorry for the interuption...now for our reguraly schedeuled photoblog

[​IMG]

Messy bucket...Dirt is caked inside it.
    [​IMG]

WE do this alot...Great way to work off existing heads/funny with out digging up the whole yard to look for the tap/saddle/inline/combo T/ what ever you call it

[​IMG]

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

My only critique would be those saddle tees. I have repair (or better yet removed) many because they either leak, get moved slightly and then leak, or one of the screws cracks - AND THEN IT LEAKS!! I installed them in the early days of my irrigation, and had to fix many. Replaced one last week where homeowner was getting a leak into their window well. They had the entire manifold moved away (by someone else) and water was still getting in. Half an hour later I found the problem - leaking white saddle tee.

Good pics Ed

4. CAPT Stream Rotar

Thanks dana!!!

I know what you are saying.

check out the 6 gpm and the 3 gpm in the middle...

it humS!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Why would you have a 3 GPM watering in the center and a 6 GPM watering 180's?

Thats entirely backwards of how to properly match precipitation.

6. CAPT Stream Rotar

Dude the head spacing before we got in there was about 40 feet or so with 700's...single small streams...we need water due to poor design....

Trust me it was the best way to get in>out with no problems......

7. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Then you should have bumped up the center head and turned down the runtime, to keep the precipitation balanced.

What you have done is effectively dump 4x the amount of water on the side as you have in the center.

Personally I would have kept the red nozzles as they shoot farther than the blue ones. I would have put a #6 in the center head and a #4 in the side head.

This is all speculation as I don't know the GPM or PSI though.

8. CAPT Stream Rotar

great push and GPM..

Those 2 heads are the only ones in that area for prob 40 FT.....and the middle was very close to the basment slider so i had to keep the water on that minimal...Hence i bumped the 90 high...

The runtime for that one is abour 20 mins...

which i will bump down next year to 15 if we dont redesign it..

Im trying to get the grass back...I also will prob bump both those nozzles when i blow it out/turn it on in the future.......but for now it needs the water badly.

9. Have you tried RBs super flex funny pipe? Doesn't kink as easy as the toro. Has a stronger feel to the material. What a daily view you have. If I lived there I'd have clam chowda every day.

10. CAPT Stream Rotar

The chowda is good!

If that is the stuff with the Green stripe i do use it....I dont mind it..You are right kinks less.....The toro does kink easy..

but i use what ever the supply house gets..