a pic that give me the winter blues!!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by grassman177, Jan 25, 2010.

1. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

i sit here looking out the window of my computer room and am depressed of the sites.

the grass is demolished fromt he 3 weeks previous of super frozen 24in of snow packed down on it, plus frost heaves and squirrell digging.
    it looks so destroyed doesnt it!? i know come spring it will be lush and thick, but how pathetic is that pic?

note:this is the side yard that does not get as much sun, and always looks worse than the front this time of year, but growing season yo ucan hardly tell the difference.

anyone care to post some prety green grass for our enjoyment?:dancing:

2. Five Points

Five Points LawnSite Member

9 weeks till I'm back in the saddle

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Alot of our snow melted over the past week, we actually hit near 50 degrees yesterday. But it started to snow again this afternoon. My lawn looks horrible right now, I can't wait until it warms up and I can get back to work.
  4. mulchmaster

mulchmaster LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I have heard of guys talking about frost heaves, but I don't think I have ever seen one. Could you post a pic?

5. hoylebros

hoylebros LawnSite Member

that grass looks awesome fivepoints!

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I hear ya Grassman...the winter sucks on my lawn too...and Five Points, that grass looks nice. Can't wait for the spring to get the green back here.
  7. joef450snowplow

joef450snowplow LawnSite Senior Member

Thats what my grass looks like but a almost full mud path from me rolling over the grass with the snowblower cant wait till spring:cry::cry:
  8. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

yea my grass looks like sh$$ too.
  9. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Hope this cheers somebody up.

10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

and he thru in a bunny, awesome