A Pond forum?!?!

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Day off?, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Day off?

Day off? LawnSite Member

Just wanted to say hi. I've been on Lawnsite a little more than a year and just now noticed this forum. This made my day! About 80% of my installs includes a water feature. I'm always trying to find new ways of doing things... Hopefully some of you would like to bump some ideas around. It's great to see others that can build a quality pond!

2. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

If 80% of your installs include a water feature and you have been on LawnSite for more than a year, HOW could you NOT notice this forum?

3. Day off?

Day off? LawnSite Member

I made a profile over a year ago... Never really used it. Now I'm hooked!

4. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

its easy enough Tad. I only go to certain categories and ignore the rest. I couldn't even tell you some of the others and I know they are frequented by alot of people.

5. tadpole

tadpole LawnSite Bronze Member

You are absolutely right. I am the same way, as are probably most LawnSite members. Usually time is a premium, so one zeroes in on the subject matter that relates to their line of work and interest.
    The OP explained his post. I think that we all have joined something at one time or another and never bothered to investigate or participate initially, only to discover later that we had really been missing something that could be of value.

6. cindyb

cindyb LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

Big thing is finding out if they want a water feature with the the water and whatever moves in or if they want a fish pond.

If they want a fish pond, ponds are different. Goldfish ponds won't be as deep as a koi pond. A koi pond needs to be at least 3 feet deep with alot of filtration.

7. OneLineAtATime

OneLineAtATime LawnSite Member

Just found this forum as well.. I've been on plowsite for a while, ran out of things to talk about with the lack of snow. So i started checking out lawnsite.