1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

A poopy question...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sailinstud420, Apr 20, 2004.

1. sailinstud420

sailinstud420 LawnSite Senior Member

In all seriousness what do you guys do about those lawns that have dog poo laying all over the place, it leaves nice dead spots in the lawn, lol. Do you just mow over them?
  2. clcare

clcare LawnSite Member

ya and aim for the house...lol
  3. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

If they don't remove them, I will, but for an extra $$$:D
    I don't usaully have to remove them anymore after that.
  4. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

That's where the ProSlide comes in handy...just smear the piles across the lawn.
  5. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

is the name of a company that works a neighborhood that I do.

Pet Waste Removal Service.

He charges 10.50 weekly for one dog.

2.50 for each additional dog.

Great logo.

Great neighborhood,.

There is also a Doggy Daycare.

That will,

Send a kennel truck to you house to pick up fluffy and return him home in the evening...

No s***.
  6. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I usually just end up driving over them, but watch out with the weed wiper thats just ruins your day.
  7. RedRock

RedRock LawnSite Member

We run it over; and when no one is looking we often shovel a few pieces in to a basement window well. Homeowners never know it was us but it always seems to get the yard cleaner...
  8. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

This sounds like something my area would have, but haven't seen anything like it.

We just run over and ignore it. As stated earlier, I would charge extra for removing it. Years ago we had a customer that I did that for.
  9. youngdude

youngdude LawnSite Member

I got yelled at by a costomer for spraying it all over the garage. They made me clean it off with a rag, i couldnt stop laughing because it was all over the place.
  10. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

After you cleaned it off their garage you should have told them that their price just went up another $10/week for extra services. Just tell them, "Dog sh8t isn't considered turf, and wasn't included in the original bid."