1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

A possible comeback?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Carolina Cutter, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

To all that knew me here a few years ago...I am back...maybe.

I recently left the FD and have been working full-time real estate but am finding that I might have to mix in some lawn work as I miss it.

Fall is in the air here and the cleanup time is coming....bringing back memories.

Anyway, like I said to anyone who remembers me...it's great to be back!

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

:waving: :waving: :waving: :waving:
  3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Nice to see you back here. What gives with leaving the FD? Hope all is well with you. Your real estate connections should make it possible to "fall" back into some work. Take care.
  4. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Let's just say that I had my fill after 18 years in the business.

I love selling real estate but it seems as though a travel through the old Lawnsite and a lot of good memories come back. I miss doing that business and thought about starting it back up.
  5. lawnworker

lawnworker LawnSite Senior Member

Jeff I am sort of like you -burnt out on mowing and thinking of other things- with the exception of I have not started selling yet due to worries about if I will make enough to survive. I am licensed already. How are sales? I have heard so much on the news about the tightening credit markets and all, and it has scared me a little bit.

I imagine I would miss mowing too. It gets in your blood after a long time. I would keep three yards to remind myself of the work. Maybe you could just do a few to.
  6. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

Its hard to leave a career ya love! After 24 year in the business I would be lost if I left it! I love being self employed an I love the professionalism this profession has to offer! Have fun George