A question about hydro fluid

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bdemir, Feb 8, 2000.

1. bdemir

bdemir LawnSite Senior Member

I have a new 99 hydro exmark walkbehind from last year and i want to know if the hydro fluid is changable and how. The manual just says how to change the filter and thats it. Just wondering if im supposed to do a complete hydro fluid change or just keep running the same fluid.
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

The hydros I've seen you just change the filter, because it mainly just filters out metal from the parts wearing. Make sure you don't get any air in the system or you can burn up a pump in just a few minutes. Fill the filter with oil to help prevent air. Check with your dealer on the correct procedure. <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.townserver.com/elm/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>
  3. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

No, it is not like an oil change. Don't find out the hard way. Take it to the dealer and watch them do it. Better to be safe than sorry.
  4. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Never take a chance with your transmissions.<p><p><p><p>
  5. Retro67

Retro67 Banned

Anyone interested in the proper procedure for a contractor to perform fluid and filter changes, email me at RetroLawn@hotmail.com. I'll gladly point you in the right direction.&lt;p&gt;John