A question about Toros.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Freddy_Kruger, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I am getting confused here. I want a good mulching mower, if it's good enough for justMowit, it's good enough for me.

I want a Toro Proline but, BUT there don't seem to be any prolines at the Toro site. Just recyclers and super recyclers..

http://www.toro.com/intl/ca_en/home/mowers/superrecycler/20058.html

I phoned one of the biggest dealers here in winnipeg, (accurate lawn and garden) and the guy tells me about a super recycler for about 600 bucks. I tell him I want a Proline and he says after a few moments that he never actually heard of one. I told him I googled it so I know they exist so he checks out his whatever then tells me they are about 1200 bucks but they won't have one for a few weeks.

Is this a canadian thing? We don't get the nice toys? I want to mulch, I won't bag damn it:cry:

2. Freddy_Kruger

Oh crap, now I found them. nevermind me :(

3. freddyc

freddyc LawnSite Senior Member

I believe Toro split their distributors up...essentially, the ones that sell residential don't cover commercial. I think the dingo line is even separate from those.

In my area, there are several toro dealers but only one can cover the prolines. The others aren't allowed to order parts even. This had something to do with the connection to wheelhorse a few years back--or so the dealer told me.

4. Freddy_Kruger

Wow, I got a price of aprox. 1500 bucks on them prolines with BBC.

I'm going to buy the super recyclers,(less then half the price) apparently they are just as powerful and have a 5 year warranty.

5. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

They can sell the Prolines cheaper. I only pay about $950 a piece for mine.

6. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

The super recyclers are great machines I am running them now but I am positive that the proline is a hands down winner in this case. You get a commercial deck, engine, and transmission. The BBC is a bonus as well IMO.

7. Freddy_Kruger

A thousand american is about 1500 canadian. Mind you we also have 14% tax:cry:

8. Freddy_Kruger

Lawnmaniac, are you using the super recyclers for commercial work? (I assume so but I just want to be sure:) )

Proline probably is a better machine but it costs about 3 times as much uphere, if I had to shell out money like that I would be tempted to get a 33" troybilt for an extra 300 bucks CAD or even up that to a rider. But just starting out I'm hoping a surper recycler or two will get me through a few months.

I mostly do window cleaning anyway, but If I get a hundred lawns I'll be happy too and then maybe get a rider or something.

9. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Super recyclers for commercial work. I am looking at the prolines, Honda's commercial 21'' mower and the JX-75 when the recyclers bite the dust. Have been great machines though. Only complaint I have is the primer bulb is not easily replaced and all of mine have holes and splits in them. Gotta push the friggin things 10X to get it to start on 1st pull. I see you are just starting out, in that case go for the super recycler...it will do everything you need for it to do. Good luck!

10. Freddy_Kruger

I screwed up on my toro prices it turns out the super recyclers that I was first quoted are push. If I want self propelled with BBC they are 900 Bucks not 600.
    I might as well get the proline supposedly they increase speed 38%? Is that true? or is it 38% over a crappy mower, not a super recycler?

The Prolines are 1500 canadian -
    super recyclers with BBC self propelled are 900 canadian
    and super recycler push mower is 600 canadian

Any thoughts?