a question for a learner

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by skurkp, Jul 11, 2005.

1. skurkp

skurkp LawnSite Member

Are there any inexpensive landscape design programs out there that someone can purchase to learn and use that is good quality software? I have seen many out there from $45.00 - $3000.00 I can not afford the top of the line and at this point in business it would not get used enough to justify a purchase that large. And The Wife Would Kill Me. LOL :waving: :waving:

2. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Not really,if you want a good user freindly program,you have to pay pretty good money for it.I use my Microsoft paint program and my Paintshop Pro.But what I do as well is take pics of the job ,download them into my PC then move them into my Paintshop and draw right on the pics themselves,I keep copies I have not drawn on and I remember not to save if I dont like it and clear my work off the drawing if its not right and dso it over.Clients love it.
    I also do a graph drawing with squares and circles and measurements that I attach to my final pics and submit.

3. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

4. skurkp

skurkp LawnSite Member

5. JRAZ

JRAZ LawnSite Member
    from NW

Here is some inexpensive and visually stimulating software. Its main purpose is for the design of water gardens but you can do a lot with this program. For the price and the graphics it can not be beat. These graphics are as good as they will get and it is super easy to use. Check out the link:

http://www.ideaspectrum.com/