A question on trailers!

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Firefighter Dave, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Firefighter Dave

Firefighter Dave LawnSite Member

Hoops! Great name!

Where in MI are you? I just went through all of this with getting my trialer last week. Well Cargo's where the most expensive. Email me and we can chat about the pros & cons of open and enclosed trialers.

:blob2: :blob2:
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

The main advantage that I can see of having an open trailer is the amount of capital you have to invest in the trailer. They're relatively cheap when compared to enclosed trailers. They're also a little easier to pull than an enclosed trailer because you don't have the wind resistance. Also, with an open trailer, you don't have to sweep out/clean it off as often. Finally, with an open trailer, you don't have to worry so much about the dangers of fuel vapors.

There are several advantages to owning an enclosed trailer.

#1 - Advertising. You can use the entire trailer to advertise for your business. If you do great work, the advertising is great. If your work is not so great, having a fancy trailer may be detrimental to your business because people will more easily recognize the guy with the fancy trailer as the guy who does shoddy work.

#2 - Equipment is protected from elements. You equipment looks a lot cleaner and may last longer.

#3 - Your equipment is more secure. It is a bit more difficult for someone to steal equipment out of your enclosed trailer.

#4 - This is just my opinion, but I think an enclosed trailer (when it's done right) looks more professional.

As far as the price for the enclosed trailer, I can't tell you if that is fair or not. Let's see what your fellow LS.com members think.

Hope this helps,

Exmark Customer Support
  3. Firefighter Dave

Firefighter Dave LawnSite Member

Email me Hoopsfan and I will tell you all about what I have learned the last two months at looking at trailers and what and where I bought mine. Where in MI are you?

:blob2: :blob2:
  4. Hoopsfan

Hoopsfan LawnSite Member

I'm entering the lawn care business and would like your input on trailers. What are the advantages and disadvantages of open versus closed trailers. I'm looking at a 20' Wells Cargo LS series, very impressed with it, but thought the price of $6700 was a little high. Does this sound like too much? What about other brands of closed trailers? I'd appreciate all input.

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

How did this thread get in the eXmark forum?:confused: