1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

a quick pro-slide ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by barefeetny, Feb 12, 2008.

1. barefeetny

barefeetny LawnSite Senior Member

I have been looking into one for a while and unfortunatly no-one by me owns one....

My basic question is

Is the stripe uniform across the cutting path with no other rollers on your deck... or is the stripe diffrent where you are riding due to the extra weight and pushing down of the platform
  2. barefeetny

no one....i thought this would get answered quick

Maybe i f wanted responses i should have wrote i have 25000 and never cut a lawn... what mowers should i buy? lol

3. mowinginva

mowinginva LawnSite Senior Member

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you talking about a proslide that you stand on behind a walk behind?
  4. advantage landscapes

advantage landscapes LawnSite Member

Yeah he is, and I am wondering the same thing. It seems that it would really scalp the s*** out of the grass, especially all the lawns that are not "perfect." Not to mention it's expensive!!!!

Anybody have one and can explain how it works a little better?
  5. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you asking about proslides or striping or both?
  6. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

The Proslide will stripe EVENLY. And it won't rip up a lawn in the slightest, if you use it properly.
  7. jcantrell

jcantrell LawnSite Member

The proslide does a nice job of striping, it lays flat on the ground between the two rear tires so the stripe is uniform, the tire marks and the proslide make a full complete stripe.

If it is muddy out sometimes when you turn the proslide make a little mud patch but it handles other terrain very well. Before I got the proslides and goslides our sulkies would just about throw you off if you hit a dip in the yard the right way.

Personally I like to go slide because of the cost factor. I just attach a bungee cord to fold it up and out of the way when it isn't needed.
  8. HenryB

HenryB LawnSite Bronze Member

Allow me. The stripe is uniform to the eye,however the grass is layed down a bit lower due to weight. The stripe is great. The drawback is getting off and on in asphalt. You'd be surprised what a pain it is. If you like a castering sulky it's great. I prefer a trailering type. They should offer a trailering Proslide. Heck I could even modify it to trailer.
    Hope this helps:waving:
  9. barefeetny

thanks guys

i was just thinking the stripe would be much more prononced where the slide rode over the grass.....

if its uniform to the eye thats good for me... i have a few lawns where a sulky would be good but the toro seat sulky i have is a pain on alot of lawns....

i figured i could always step off at the turn because i figured thats the easiest way that this will tear up some grass....maybe i'm wrong.... Like i said i wish someone near me owned one...

Thanks again

10. mowinginva

mowinginva LawnSite Senior Member

We bought a used but in good shape proslide xt on ebay. We love it. Doesn't tear up the ground, stripes nicely, retracts, ETC. After it retracts automatically, we use a wire to hold it up closer to the mower. The edges on the slide do tend to curl up, which sometimes causes the stripe not to be quite complete but still good. It retracts by means of two gas springs.