1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

A quick question about trimmer covers

Discussion in 'W.E. Chapps' started by Keith, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I have been meaning to buy trimmer covers for a long time, but have never gotten around to it. My main goal is to keep them from getting rain-soaked. I doubt I would ever use them between jobs, so I do not think the heat-liner model would be worth the added expense to me. The cotton-lined ones though, maybe. Here is my question. Like probably 90% of the people out there, occasionally a trimmer will leak fuel, for whatever reason. Would the cotton-lined or non-lined models be adversely affected by a little spill? I am not talking constant exposure, but the occasional leak. Thanks.
  2. WE Chapps

WE Chapps Sponsor

Glad that you are thinking about the Trimmer Covers again. Season's slowing down where one can actually begin to think again period.
    The occasional leak with two cycle mixed gas is not going to be a big issue. What would be a problem is oil leaking onto a cotton liner. The no liner would be no problem as you could easily rinse out the inside and hang it up to dry.
    These covers are designed for open trailer transport and provide full protection to the trimmer, stick edger, power pole saw and some hedge trimmer engines.

Happy Holidays to you and yours,
  3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks. I will be in touch in the next couple of days to order some.
  4. thomcat88

thomcat88 LawnSite Member