A Quick Question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by procut, Jan 29, 2005.

1. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

You give a quote to a commercial client for full service maintenance. Your bid states that all bushes will be trimmed twice that season, and that all beds will be mulched as well. The per time price for each service is stated. The customer signs and agrees to everything. My question is do you wait for them to tell you when to trim the bushes and do the mulching, or do you just do it when you think of it anytime during the season? Thanks!
  2. Brianj

Brianj LawnSite Member

i trim bushes when needed, and sometimes that is every week during the summer, we try to have all mulch down by middle of march and november if u are doing twice a yr.
  3. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I will trim the bushes when I think they are ready for it and if the customer wants it done before that they can call.Mulch jobs we usually do after all of the spring clean-ups are done.
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Done at MY convenience...most clients don't have a clue when this work is supposed to be done.
  5. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd say do it when YOU think it should be done. Afterall you'er the profesional that knows what the best time for these things is. You could let them know ahead of time that you will be doing them. "Mr. customer, we will be trimming the bushes next week per your contract. Just wanted to let you know" Or "mr. customer I am haveing mulch delivered next week to put in the beds. I wanted to let you know that there will be a bit of extra activity when we are putting it in" Somthing like that makes them feel involved and keeps the suprises to a minimum,without you giving up any control over the timeing.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

we do the spring clean up and then trim all the bushes then we mulch . all done right before mowing starts. that way you dont get clippings in the new mulch.
  7. plateau lawn care

plateau lawn care LawnSite Member
    from georgia

Yes I guess you have figured it out. Do it when you want to at the best time of year. The owner of the business just wants it done.