A REAL BID SHEET AND PRICE GUIDE

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by David Hartzog, Jul 30, 2000.

1. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

<p>“Our Quality Creates Demand”<p><br>Bid on grounds maintenance at _________________________, <br> Square feet of Lawn_________________________<br> Square feet of plant beds_____________________<p>Description of work:<br>1.Visit site weekly Day preferred_____________<br>2.Pick up all trash on grounds (cig-butts, cans, paper Ect)<br>3.Cut grass as needed maintaining height of 1.5 to 2 inch giving better weed and drought control leaving lawn lush green and thick<br>4.Bag turf if asked ________(Clipping are good for soil and don’t crate thatch as long as mowed regularly)<br>5.Trim and edge around all landscape beds, existing trees, driveways, curbs, and sidewalks (every cut)<br>6.Blow off all walkways and sidewalks (every cut)<br>7.Blow off all parking areas, removing trash, sand, rocks, etc. (as needed)<br>8.Keep weeds and brush out of plant beds, parking lot cracks, and next to building<br>9.Keep all shrubs, plants and bushes neatly trimmed (as needed)<br>10.Put out ant control were needed (outside only)<br>11. Fertilize every three months – September, December, March, June, useing16-4-8 per application 4.68 lbs per1000sq. Ft (Total needed per year for centipede grass 18.75 lbs at 1000 sq.ft)<br>12.Fertilize plants at time of grass using 10-10-10<br>13.Spray weed control 48 hours after first cut,1x per year on turf removing all unwanted Bahiagrass, weeds, sedge grass, broadleaf weeds for lawn only (Image is select a herbicide that will not harm lawn) <br>14.Aerate and Dethatch twice a year (March & October)<br>15.Liming all areas when needed to maintain a pH of 6.5, actual amount to be determined by a soil test (Annual soil test included) <br>15.Provide pine straw twice a year if needed - October & April<br>16.Spread annual ryegrass seed in fall when grass goes dormant to have green turf in winter (dies off in spring, will not harm lawn) <p><br>Conditions, Limitations, and Exclusions: <br>This contract when accepted is affected____/____/____and is a binding 12-month contract that stays in effect until ____/____/____. Cancellation of this contract will only be granted if there is no remedy for unsatisfactory service after issuing two written warnings.<p>Does site need a major spring cleaning Yes___ No___ Price $_______<br>Price: $_______Per month. Price includes all material and labor in lines 1-16 <br>Payment schedule: Balance due by the 10th monthly<br> <br>Contact: For more information, please call or Owner, <br> (Thank you for allowing us to provide you with a proposal. Please get in touch if you have any questions. We are looking forward to working with you!<p>Respectfully submitted,<p><br>_________________Date: _____________________<p><p>Accepted by_______________________Date: _____________________ <p>Page 1<p><br>Pricing Plan, for Commercial; maintenance<br>Extra work Does not include clean ups see page 2<br>(One time deals)<br>1.Target Labor per hour with machinery (Mow, Edge, weed eat, Blow off, Parking lot Blowing ect.) <p>High target: $60.00 minimum 1 Hour.<br> <br> Low target: $50.00 minimum 1 Hour.<p><br>2.Target labor per hour without machinery (Raking, Weeding, Planting, Digging)<p>High Target: $40.00 minimum 1 Hour.<p>Low Target: $35.00 Minimum 1 Hour.<p><br>Commercial maitance<br>Grounds maitance<br>(Regular maitance for small sites)<br>Target customer with minimum 3 visits per Month (Mow, Edge, Weed eat, Blow off and Parking lot blowing.)<p>Target Pricing: Minimum $50.00 per month (15 minute jobs)<p><br>Other Services<br>(No set minimum rate) <br>High target for Aeration is 4x price per cut. (1 cut 25.00 x 4 = $100.00)<br>Low Target for Aeration is 3x price per cut. (1 cut 25.00 x 3 = $75.00)<br> <br>High Target for Dethatching is 3x Price per cut. (1 cut $25.00 x4 = $100.00)<br> Low Target for Dethatching is 2x Price per cut. (1 cut $25.00 x3 = $75.00)<p><br>Fertilizing<br>Pricing Plan page 2 (cost per 50 lbs $6.80)<br>High Target for Fertilizing 16-4-8 or 10-10-10 is $36.80 Minimum 1 to 5000 sq feet.<br> Low Target for Fertilizing 16-4-8 or 10-10-10 is $32.80 Minimum 1 to 5000 sq feet.<p>Seeding<br>Only seeding no labor see page 1-A<br>Pricing plan page 2 (cost per 1 lbs $3.50)<br>High Target for Seeding Bermuda is $23.50 First pound. (See price plan page 2)<br>High Target for Seeding Bermuda is $18.50 First pound. (See price plan page 2)<p>Pricing plan page 2 (cost per 1 lbs $27.95)<br>High Target for Seeding Centipede grass is $47.95 First Pound. (See price plan page 2)<br>High Target for Seeding Centipede grass is $42.95 First Pound. (See price plan page 2)<p><p><br>Page 2<p><br>Spaying Image<br> Pricing plan see page 3 (Cost per pint $21.95) per 4000 sq ft. <br>High Target for spraying with Image (Herbicide) $46.95<br>Low Target for spraying with Image (Herbicide) $41.95<p> Spraying Round Up <br> Pricing plan see page 3 (Cost per Pint $9.95) per 1500 sq ft or 3 gallons.<br>High Target for spraying with Round Up (Grass & Weed Killer) $29.95<br>Low Target for spraying with Round Up (Grass & Weed Killer) $24.95<p>Straw <br>Pricing plan see page 3 (Cost $2.75 per bale)+ $10.00 delivery charge from .<br>High Target for Laying pine straw $4.75 per bale<br> Low Target for Laying Pine straw $3.75 per bale<p><br>Irrigation work<br>See page 1 under commercial work under labor prices no machinery.<br>Price does not include parts. <p><p><br>

2. Dennis

Dennis LawnSite Member
    from Ga.

Better give them dethatching chrgs another look

3. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

AS YOU CAN SEE I HAVE A LOT OF TIME IN THIS <br>CONTRACT AND PRICE GUIDE WHICH I HOPE WILL HELP OTHERS STARTING OUT I STILL AM NOT SURE HOW MUCH I SHOULD GET FOR MY SELF I HAVE NO HELP AT THIS TIME AND ONLY HAVE 5 ACCOUNTS THAT BRING IN AROUND $1020.00 AVEGING 205.00 PER ACCOUNT I HAVE ALL FAST FOOD PLACES RIGHT NOW AND ONE SMALLER OFFICE COMPLEX I WANT TO BE FAIR BUT ;MAKE GOOD MONEY I REALLY HAVE THE ADVANTAGE HERE NO ONE ELSE HAS THIS TYPE OF PROGRAM I WILL ONLY DO COMMERCAL OR REAL NICE HOME WHERE THE MONEY IS. IS MY PRICING IN LINE LIKE FERTLIZING<br>i got a start but how much after 5000 sqfoot.<br>

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

David, You're on the right track, but you have a little bit too muchdetail in some areas and are WAY too vague in others. As far as you're per hour rates are, this I presume is with the machinery you have now. What if inthe future you purchase a $40,000 wide area mower. Is it stil the same? Be careful on having one set price to keep bushes and ornamentals trimmed &quot;as needed&quot; . Your idea of as needed and someone elses idea of as needed can be far different. What I mean is if you don't charge per trim, you could come across someone that will have you in the bushes every third visit or so because they see a leaf out of place. (Yes, there are people like that out there.) Another thing you said was bag all turf areas if asked? There's a BIG labor discrepency. And no matter how hard you try, if you're doing this for profit, you are NOT going to be able to pick up all the cigarette butts. Also, if you can sell 2 aerations per season THAT'S GREAT! However, 2 dethatchings is very unneeded and you'll be defeating your purpose of fertilizing and trying to build a thick turf base since dethatching tears out so much LIVE rhizomes too. And one other thing, go back and CAREFULLY check ALL of your spelling. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying all of this to tear your proposal up! I'm just trying to help! Good luck with it, and keep it up because it sounds as if you are really quality concious! :)

5. FIREMAN

FIREMAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from n.j.

DAVID,<br> NOT TO BREAK YOUR B---S BUT CHECK YOUR SPELLING AND WORD USE BEFORE GOING TO THE PRINTER WITH THAT FORM.(OR HAVE THAM DO IT). MY EXPIERIENCE HAS TAUGHT ME THAT GOOD SPELLING AND APPROPRIATE USE OF WORDS MAKES YOU LOOK MORE PROFESSOINAL AND MORE INTERESTED IN YOUR IMAGE. AGAIN I'M NOT AN ENGLISH PROFESSOR OR ANYTHING.......

6. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Do you scalp everything 1.5 to 2 inches we cut 3.5 to 4 inches... might check that...

7. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

David,<p><br>One Word......SPELLCHECKER!!!<br>This is a program on the computer that checks spelling. I ususally am guilty of not using it, UNLESS proper spelling is of importance.<p>I agree with most others. Too detailed, yet too vague. Also, you priced thatching as 3 and 4 X a cut, not 2 or 3 (which I think is too low since the thatch must be cleaned up and disposed). And why plant annual rye to fill in, why not a blend so some of it will stay come the spring. I wouldn't want to pay for seeding if I was told up front that this seed will die shortly after germination each year.<p>It's getting better though...keep it up.<p>HEY FIREMAN...I tried to reply to your email and it was returned. Is the right address on your profile ? Email me again.<p>jeff

8. David Hartzog

David Hartzog Banned

1.several things dethaching would be easy we don't have to haul it away the city gets it so that isn't a problem 2.The grass that grows here is centipede most folk cut it to the dirt the ortho book says 1.5 to2 inch thats high for around here.And i have spelled checked my bid sheet computer saids its right.

9. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Your spellcheck WILL tell you everything's right if your words are also otherwords. For instance, on your first page you have the word maitance instead of maintenance (twice) and also try to be consistent on your capitals. On your second page, you have &quot;spaying image&quot; -----OUCH!!!! Also, thius part of your price sheet seem just a LITTLE hard to understand for the consumer. Remember - the simpler it is, the less hesitant a potential customer will be.:)

10. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

David, get a new computer or spell checker!<p>I edited your contract, I stopped after the signatures because the rest should not be on a contract (in my opinion). Still not sure this has all the &quot;stuff&quot; a contract needs. Give me an email if you want mine.<p>“Our Quality Creates Demand”<p><br>Bid on grounds maintenance at _________________________, <br>Square feet of Lawn_________________________<br>Square feet of plant beds_____________________<p>Description of work:<br>1. Visit site weekly Day preferred_____________<br>2. Pick up all trash on grounds (cig-butts, cans, paper Ect)<br>3. Cut grass as needed, maintaining height of 1.5 to 2 inch giving better weed and drought control, leaving lawn lush, green, and thick.<br>4. Bag turf if asked ________ (Clippings are good for soil and don’t create thatch as long as mowed regularly)<br>5. Trim and edge around all landscape beds, existing trees, driveways, curbs, and sidewalks (every cut)<br>6. Blow off all paved areas (every cut)<br>7. Blow off all parking areas, removing trash, sand, rocks, etc. (as needed)<br>8. Keep weeds and brush out of plant beds, parking lot cracks, and next to building<br>9. Keep all shrubs, plants and bushes neatly trimmed (as needed)<br>10. Put out ant control were needed (outside only)<br>11. Fertilize every three months – September, December, March, June, using 16-4-8 per application 4.68 lbs per 1000sq. ft (Total needed per year for Centipede Grass 18.75 lbs at 1000 sq.ft)<br>12. Fertilize plants at time of grass using 10-10-10<br>13. Spray weed control 48 hours after first cut, 1x per year on turf, removing all unwanted Bahiagrass, weeds, sedge grass, broadleaf weeds for lawn only (Image is a selective herbicide that will not harm the lawn) <br>14. Aerate and Dethatch twice a year (March & October)<br>15. Lime all areas when needed to maintain a pH of 6.5, actual amount to be determined by a soil test (Annual soil test included) <br>15. Provide pine straw twice a year if needed - October & April<br>16. Spread annual ryegrass seed in fall when grass goes dormant, this promotes a green turf in winter (dies off in spring, will not harm lawn) <p><br>Conditions, Limitations, and Exclusions: <br>This contract when accepted is affective on ____/____/____and is a binding 12-month contract that stays in effect until ____/____/____. Cancellation of this contract will only be granted if there is no remedy for unsatisfactory service after issuing two written warnings.<p>Does site need a major spring cleaning? Yes___ No___ Price $_______<br>Price: $_______Per month. Price includes all materials and labor in lines 1-16 <br>Payment schedule: Balance due by the 10th, monthly.<p>Contact: For more information, please call or Owner, <br>(Thank you for allowing us to provide you with a proposal. Please give us a call if you have any questions. We are looking forward to working with you!<p>Respectfully submitted,<p><br>_________________Date: _____________________<p><br>Accepted by_______________________Date: _____________________ <p>Page 1<p><br><p><font size="1">Edited by: KirbysLawn