1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

A real mans Photo Tour

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AWJ Services, Jun 3, 2010.

1. curtisfarmer

curtisfarmer LawnSite Senior Member

Without showing dry soil below the wet spot, that is uncertain from your pics. From viewing, that could be a seasonal high water table or simply a saturated area. A perched water tabled by definition is one blocked by a less permeable layer.

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

There are lots of convention fields in the area are doing well a septic system should last for a couple decades. There are lots of stupid homeowners when was the last time you had the septic tank pumped they look at you and say I don't know. The people that moved from a place like Vancouver you don't have septic tanks. Then you see some people dumping bleach down the drain uh what are you doing you tell them that kills your septic tank.

Not too long after they are having septic system problems because they kept killing the septic tank.

Plastic tanks are used around here where it isn't possible to use a cast concrete one. Concrete is a more durable tank for sure especially if it is being buried in a area where a lawn will be or possibly some weight driven over it.

I used to get the jobs of digging off the top of the septic tanks for pumping and inspection.

Homeowners on septic systems should know where there septic tank is where the drain field is. They should know when the tank was pumped last if in doubt pump it out.

New realestate sales regulations states the homeowner now has to have the septic tank pumped and the system inspected some people are in for some nasty surprises and they have to take 10 grand or more off the asking price.

3. curtisfarmer

BTW, your pics could certainly use some better explanations.:sleeping:

4. nedly05

nedly05 LawnSite Senior Member

Ooooohhh thats how it works! Thanks for the education, I guess there is no logical reason for why a T baffle works then...

5. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Here are a few small retaining wall projects I did.

DSCN0491 (800 x 600).jpg

DSCN0527 (800 x 600).jpg

DSCN0529 (600 x 450).jpg

6. AWJ Services

from Ga

Here is a drainage area that was graded wrong and it would build up enough water that a kid almost drowned. I patched it at best. I removed all of the stone regraded and put the stone back with some drain pipes. It really needs a steel grate made to be placed under the fence but this was all that they could afford for now.

2010-06-03 12.23.58 (1296 x 968).jpg

2010-06-03 12.24.12 (1296 x 968).jpg

2010-06-03 14.48.51 (1296 x 968).jpg

7. AWJ Services

from Ga

Insant Lawn. Been laying the heck out of some sod.

2010-05-13 10.03.53 (1296 x 968).jpg

8. curtisfarmer

How is this a real man's photo tour??? The last pics of the rock drainage looks like nothing was accomplished.:laugh:

9. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Don't you just love fixing stuff when there is no budget? Better you to be doing sod than me.:)

10. AWJ Services

from Ga

I actually have a decent crew this year so I do not mind the sod laying as long as I do not have to do it!

The drain is for the school system so it will eventually get fixed right so maybe I will get payed twice?