A real mans Photo Tour

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AWJ Services, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

what kind of place needs so much of a leach field?

2. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Church.

About 180 tons of rock.

3. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like fun. :)

4. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

That is a big field 8 runs at 125 feet long I guess it being a commercial building the field needs to be that big. Nice to see a 161 doing a field they work the best small enough to dig the runs.

5. 93turbo

93turbo LawnSite Senior Member

Around here thats on the small side:rolleyes: We were supposed to have 1200' for 3 bedrooms but I didn't want to clear that big of area so I talked the health inspector into 2 18x20 sand filters that run into an 8' x 75' leach field:rolleyes:

6. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

With a sand mound system you can have a signifcantly smaller drain field the average residential sand mound is 20-30 grand installed.

I was watching the show Pawn Stars they had a kitchen chair with a hole in it supposidly that was the toilet back in the 40s :laugh:

7. AWJ Services

from Ga

Here the permit is actually written in sq/ft.
    This job I am posting about would be 3000 sq/ft

1000 linear ft , 3 ft wide trench.

Here you would have to go to an alternative type system for a 3 bedroom house that required 1200 linear foot as the state would not allow a conventional system.
    I would really be interested in how Ohio determines these things.

8. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

lol thats what i thought too when i looked at it, till I saw your comment jr.

9. 93turbo

93turbo LawnSite Senior Member

Me too but I'm gonna guess it has something to do with money:hammerhead: I don't have sand mounds I have pits so the yards still flat.
    But any how it varries from county to county on whats allowed and whats required but most now are the mound systems but if you pay to have the soil tested most of the time you can get away with just a reguler leach field:rolleyes:

10. AWJ Services

from Ga

Here is some more pics.
    One is of an electrical connection box that is really well thought out.
    One shows the cut the GC did before I started and I am suprised he did not get us near a restrictive layer because of the amount of cut.

IMG_20100831_171545.jpg

IMG_20100831_171556.jpg

IMG_20100831_171640.jpg