a REALLY bad day...

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenworldh20, Aug 9, 2003.

1. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

see if you can top this...

1. 11 zone install, customer is happy with system, landscaper and i discuss where valve box was to be placed before installation. now, client wants valve box MOVED!!! holding back payment until box is moved.

2. client who i did residential install for calls landscaper who referred me to complain about me. when landscaper calls me to ask what is going on, i respond that client was happy when job was complete. i even gave client an extra zone, due to low water pressure. system would not operate correctly with 3 zones, so we did it in 4. she was happy then, now she is raggy. what gives? why didn't she call me? my phone # is on the yard sign, sprinkler flags & sticker on the mail box.

3. forman who takes older work truck home and picks up his crew in the am is a decent guy, or so i thought. other laborers who have been with me for 3-4 years tell me he had an encounter with the police last weekend. after some detective work, i discover he got a dwi in my truck last weekend!!!! suffice to say, monday am, he will no longer be employed by me.

ahhh, when it rains, it pours.

3. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

That's why I don't let employees drive trucks home...I wouldn't fire him, just make him pay any legal costs that may involve your company and tell him to find his own ride to and from work..