A recent JRS project

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by JRSlawn, Aug 16, 2007.

1. JRSlawn

JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member

This is a unilock pisa 2 nevada blend wall

Jeff on the mini.JPG

wall 2.JPG

wall 4.JPG

wall 5.JPG

2. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Very nice work!

3. JRSlawn

Thanks my arms are still sore from that one

4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Any drainage field or grid used? Could be wrong, but 5 courses before backfilling? :confused:

Nice and straight, only things I would have done differently would be to split the end block and caps.

5. JRSlawn

Paponte it is backfilled with 57 limestone they were out of washed and a drain tile that porst out at the low end yeah we didnt backfill every course and I probably should have split the ends but all in all I think it came out good we are going to add a set of steps on the end some how the customer just decided. oh well

6. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you grid? first pic didnt look like you had enough room for gid, i would of gridded back around 4' min. other wise looks good glad to see others dress like i do on job.
    mike

7. JRSlawn

Yeah Mike I try to atleast wear a company shirt when we have to work sundays or sometimes even sat we ware whatever we want you have to be comfortable

8. etwman

etwman LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys need to start using grid on these walls. I'm serious about this. There should be two layers, 6' deep at least in this wall. Your overdig was not far enough back to indicate the use of grid. We see it way too much on this site.....nice straight walls, no grid. This pic below was a local guy that put a wall up two years ago, similar to this one. NO GRID! Why? Because he was stupid. Almost the same surcharge as the above posted wall. It lasted 18 months. Original quote from a guy who didn't know what he was doing ....$18,000.00. Price for us to have engineering work done, tear it out, and reconstruct it $48,000.00. All the block will be chucked because it wasn't the right size to begin with. There was no grid and little drainage.

For the love of God do it right the first time.

Failing Wall 2.jpg

9. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Looks like that slope needs work in addition to the wall........bet that was a fun job.

10. JRSlawn

The top teir of the wall has 1 pull of grid it tops out at 4' I will get some pics up I took a pic of the grid I probably should have put another pull on the next tier but our unilock guy said there was no need for this product