A Reminder Letter to Customers?????

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by horselady, Jul 21, 2005.

1. horselady

horselady LawnSite Member

We have had a few customers want to cancel because they are not happy with the results and that first phone call is the first we have heard about it. When we have looked at the lawns, there's nothing wrong. They have the greenest lawn on the street.

We have thought about sending a letter letting our customers know if they are not satisfied with the results or have any questions concerning their lawn, we would be more than happy to look at their lawn and make suggestions.

How can you help a lawn (or customer) when you don't know about it????

Any suggestions?? :help:

2. Williams Services

Williams Services LawnSite Senior Member

You could do what I'm working on doing. Find another job to work FT and do this on the side.

3. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

Another Scrub is born...

4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I have had this more than enough times. It is a part of business and just a way that they are trying to get out of a contract. I also find that I can turn the ones that were really unhappy with what ever it might be around into good customers. question is do they really want to get rid of you or are they trying to tell you a little speck is on the window from the string trimmer hitting a little wet spot. Deal with it and if they are that non communicative then you don't want them any ways.

5. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

no lori, don't open up a can of worms.

6. Williams Services

As for the scrub post, come off of your high horse and come down here and I'll show you more than you know now. I've paid my dues in the green industry, grown and sold a sizable landscape management business and gotten generally burned out. I'm through biting and scratching and dealing with cut throat competitors. I'm doing what I'm doing so I don't have to worry about lowering myself to the level of others and cut price and quality just to survive. You do what you want but you have no right to attack someone else for sharing their perspective. After all ... you'll have to retire someday, as will we all. If you want to get there this way - that's your business and I won't pass judgement on you for it. Neither should you do that to someone who IS and HAS BEEN full time (more FT than I care to remember) and goes PT. My apologies for hijacking this thread.

7. lawnservice

lawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

always need to have open lines of communication with your customers....and you should not expect them to start the communicating

all our invoices which are left at the door following an application state that their lawn will automaticlly be scheduled for its next service and that they should call if they are ever dissatisfied. (we 'opened' the door of communication by inviteng them to call us if theres a problem)

we also do several newsletters throught the year that will remind them to call anytime they have any questions or concerns.

8. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

PT does not necessarily mean scrub........

That was a very narrow post.......

Derek

9. horselady

horselady LawnSite Member

After they have accepted our service, we send them a confirmation letter. It states: "If throughout the season you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call." Our Invoices have "Please contact our office if you have any questions."

Should we say it differently???

10. Williams Services

Lori,
    No, I don't think so. If you want to know the truth of the matter, folks that buy premium services like this are very fickle and this sort of thing is to be expected. Some folks get a power trip out of firing a service they have contracted with, too.