1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

A rock up my nose

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Mo Green, Apr 20, 2005.

1. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

It was one of the strangest things that have ever happened to me. I was trimming with my trusty Redmax around a few yard items when I hit a little clump of rocks. They went every which way, here and there, and before I could back off, I felt something hit me in the nose. After it hit me and I backed away from what I was trimming, I noticed that something just didn't feel right. Wanna know why? There was a rock up my nose!! Lodged in my right nostril. It was just big enough to get in by the force of the trimmer, but not small enough to just drop out. After a few seconds of work, I had the darn thing out. Man, did I feel better.
  2. The mayor

The mayor LawnSite Senior Member

Time to start using swimming nose plugs. :)
  3. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I also have managed to lodge a stone into my nose. It is kinda like a hole in one, doesnt happen very often!
  4. j fisher

j fisher LawnSite Senior Member

Thats one hole n one I hope I never get!
  5. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

As long as you aren't snorting any other "rocks" you'll be OK
  6. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

Good one. :waving:
  7. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Happens just about once a year. Most of the time I just bring it out through my mouth.

The other just about yearly occurrance is the ole Dog poop in the face routine.
  8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I have done both of those at least once. They do seem to happen everynow and then, only thing to do it be careful!
  9. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I havn't gotten the dog poop in the face yet this year. I can't say I'll miss it if it doesn't happen. :waving:
  10. thor

thor LawnSite Member

That is so weird I had the same thing happen about 5-6 years ago . I thought I was the only person that ever happened to, my boss' wife had to remove it w/ twezzers.