A rough few days with my dog

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenmonster304, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

Have lost 3 dogs on the last few years, didn't shed a tear.

Dad passed away this past Saturday morning, only stopped crying yesterday.

Might start again tomorrow.

2. ARGOS

ARGOS LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Barry...Sorry to hear about your Dad. That's tough. Letting the tears run helps.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Sympathies, dude.

4. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Feel for you; both my folks are gone, odd to be orphans.

5. Waterit

Waterit LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for the kind words and thoughts, guys. Wasn't looking for sympathy (OK, I was, a little).

My Mom is still with us, so I am only a fatherless child.

Funny how children are referred to as orphans, you rarely hear the term applied to adults.

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry to hear man. I luckily still have both mine. Spent all day with my mom. My GF and I decided long ago not to have kids. So we have made our pets a stronger extension of our family. Hits me pretty hard when the dogs are in pain. Or harder yet, that my brother is hurting due to his longtime friend/family member.

7. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

The other day I got the test results of my dogs tumor and they said it was non cancerous. But then yesterday we found out my father in-law is losing his battle with cancer and is entering the hospice floor of the hospital. So my wife is a wreck.

8. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry to hear about your FIL green.I lost my only neice to cancer on new yrs eve.

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Happy to hear about the dog. Sorry to hear about the FIL. Good luck.

10. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Thoughts and prayers........If not tomorrow, then sometime. Usually when you least expect it, over the craziest things you would never connect until it hits you. Pop was a superintendent. I grew up following him around on the golf course. I can spend all day at the course and "it" never hit. I go somewhere and something connects to a memory and I have to compose myself again. Enjoy the memories and tears. They prove the relationship was special.