1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

A rough few days with my dog

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenmonster304, Jan 16, 2009.

1. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Bringing up an old post, instead of starting a new one. Made the hardest decision of my life today, and had to have my ol' buddy put down. Walker was going on 14, and having issues. Back legs and hips were going. Couldn't stand on his own, and couldn't walk. Started shaking yesterday, has not been eating, and has lost a lot of weight. He let us know the last few days that he was in pain and uncomfortable. So tip one back if you got 'em. This pic was from his last camping trip a few weeks ago. Orange neck scarf due to hunting season.

walker2012.jpg

2. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

I love those old goldens. I know what you are going through, about 2 years ago I had to put down my 16 year old pointer Pilot. It was hard I had him since I was 12 we went through a lot together. I feel for you man.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Funny thing is that when we got him, the ad in the paper said he was a yellow lab. I really don't see any lab there. We always said he was a golden mix, with either collie or sheltie, maybe a little sneaky neighbor dog mixed in.

Kick azz dog, great friend. Loved the snow, and a kind of a loner - both traits just like me :) He was my very first dog.
    I couldn't allow him to be in pain anymore, so it was time. Went very peaceful.

4. greenmonster304

5. greenmonster304

I buried him amungst the the beach plum bushes at his favorite beach to run on.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

We're having him cremated and spread him out at one of the local mountains we hike so he can look over us.

7. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

You already know how i feel Dana.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Hail and farewell, pup :drinkup:

9. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

I had to put my best friend11 yr old Yellow Lab named Hank down last April. Was the hardest thing for me to ever deal with besides loosing my Grandfather who's name was Hank hence the reason was Hank 20 yrs ago. But if and when my Dad passes that will be unthinkable he's not just my Dad hes my best friend best co worker and much more. I feel for you and hope the dog makes it and lives a long life. I replaced Hank with another Yellow named Skippy and hes following in his predessors footsteps so far.

10. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Seems we all have something in common. We each had the pleasure of spending an all too short period of time with the single greatest dog that walked the face of the earth. Whether we are aware of it or not, they made us better people for loving them.
    My dogs taught me to be fair, firm, patient and logical. My life is better because of them.
    Posted via Mobile Device